Plugged device in grey for "run on "

That dialog appears on the first launch regardless of whether you’re using usb or Wi-Fi. They’re both technically network connections.

The phone needs to be on the same network as your computer of using Wi-Fi. For the usb connection, it doesn’t matter.

As far as the debugger connection goes, make sure you don’t have another app on the device that has the same app identifier, even if it was just a debug from before. The launcher can get confused and if the older one launches, you’ll get that error.

Also, check and see if the debugger is still running on the ide. It may have timed out if it took a while.

That dialog appears on the first launch regardless of whether you’re using usb or Wi-Fi. They’re both technically network connections.
But you mentionned in a post that each time the app is delete, this pops-up. It is not the case for me. How can I “force” to get this pop-up or where can I check if everything is ok ? ( opened the local network Iphone settings, my app is not there )

Make sure you don’t have another app on the device that has the same app identifier,

I have a unique dev app on the phone now

Also, check and see if the debugger is still running on the ide. It may have timed out if it took a while

Recorded below the flow on Xojo. in the video I’m moving around the pointer when I get the error on the Iphone (cannot connect to debugger, since we coul dnot locate the target IDE …etc… )
Recorded Video
Does it sounds to you too long ?

Checked also on Xojo pref. There is no debugger to install right ( like on desktops ) ?
Networks is set to default, I tried as well just in case the 2 available ( lan interface and the one which is created when plugin phone via USB )

You don’t need to adjust anything in the debugger preferences. The IDE does all that work for you when running on an iOS device.

It is interesting however that the IDE does end up in the state where it’s listening for a connection at the end of your video, as if it is ready to accept a debugger connection.

I have another tool here that we can use to diagnose this connection. I’ll go see if I have it with me.

1 Like