Please restore the listbox cell border properties

Feedback Case Number: Borders in API2

I thought I had already posted this request, but if I did i can no longer find it.

Please restore the cell border properties in API2, there is clearly a demand for it.
I have now converted some of my apps and worked round the missing properties, in some cases I have an alternative but some just no longer work. This feature was widely used and is missed.
Please, please give some consideration to restoring it.

Jack

1 Like

This has been discuss before. I know because Ive posted on it…

Removing then is a step backwards and makes the product less RAD, IMO a significant way.

It is a VERY useful feature which I have used for extensively for many years!

-Karen

1 Like

The link goes to another forum topic/thread. Do you know if there is an actual Issues case?

Yes, OP created a ticket.

#67096 - Reinstate the listbox cellborder properties

1 Like

Why was it removed in the first place?
I guess technically it is still there in the framework, just not exposed to the IDE?

Could you not use cellBackgroundPaint (or whatever daft name it is for DesktopControls)?

If you really want it back, it’s going to be a lot quicker to simply recreate your project in an older version of Xojo ignoring the entire DC disaster.

4 Likes

You can even merge cells that way! :wink:

-Karen

1 Like

DesktopControlCellBackgroundPainteringAt

4 Likes

One or two of my projects seriously depended on the cell borders to make them legible. I’ve left them in API1, but that’s just delaying the inevitable. At some point Xojo is going to remove support for API1 and they’ll have to convert.
Geoff said in reply to an earlier post by Karen (I think) that the cell border properties could be restored if there’s a demand for them. I’m suggesting there is.

1 Like

Don’t fall for a false sense of urgency. The some point in question is years away.

1 Like

If you have no borders, then to me a listbox looks a lot better in API2 than API1. Mine now have a nice pale grey border whereas under API1 the best I could do was to use the dotted border. Which looked naff.

I don’t mind the borders coming back as long as the no-border listbox is not touched.

1 Like

No reason I can see that it can’t come back with more control over the border color…

-Karen

1 Like