PDFDocument exists in Android?

Help me out here…
The documentation for PDFDocument says that setting the font size is not supported in iOS or Android

But I cant find PDFDocument in Android at all.
Does it exist?
It doesnt show up in autocomplete using 2023 R4

1 Like

PDFDocument isn’t currently supported on Android as you can read at PDFDocument — Xojo documentation

Compatibility

Desktop, console, web and iOS project types on all supported operating systems.

Looks like your were reading the docs for the Graphics class. Graphics.FontSize/-Name aren’t supported on Mobile projects. Use instead Graphics.Font.

Thought as much.
Worth waiting another year?

Lack of PDF on mobile is really very limiting for devs, and in Brazil, a “sendto” of such reports to WhatsApp accounts (first place, Telegram for few users) chosen at runtime is a kind of a must. Lots of users ask for that. E-mails are dying.

Any possible free way to send a PDF to whatsapp without the need of a Meta partner and paying for that ?

Certainly it has, but may need some research.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/511210730860677/?cms_platform=android

Rick is right. Look t this thread: Share something with other android apps - #2 by Martin_T

You could do the part of the PDF server side with a web app and contact it from the Android app to make the PDF. Just an idea from me.

I am not asking only about how to do it in an Android App.
It would be nice if someone could explain, if exists, for each platform how to do it (Web, Desktop and Mobile Android and iOS).
As Rick said, e-mails are dying and WhatsApp is the new communication gold standard, not only to send a PDF but also to send a text message.
So a step by step roadmap for each platform would be very useful for the hole community. And a Xojo example included in the example files documentation would be great.

2 Likes

Too much info. I think it is a job for Xojo. First implementing everything in all those platforms, then publishing a long blog post about it.

1 Like