Pattern Input Control

Pattern Input Control 1.0

for Xojo 2019r2 targets Desktop Windows, Linux, macOS

pattern input is a plugin control to offer pattern input instead of passwords.

download
pattern input control binary, manual, xojo example app
PatternInputExample03112019.zip

view at youtube

manual only PDF

donate paypal.me/drmaschine

Nice control. I would need a price to purchase the source to use it though.

hello wayne, thank you.
please use a little donate at my mentioned paypal account and i will send you the decrypt key to enable the source code in xojo ide.

Is there a reason this is restricted to 2019R2? Does it require / rely on stuff only available in 2019R2? You may be artificially limiting the potential user base to not make compatible with older releases.

I’m also trying to envision the UI scenario in a desktop app where this seems way better than keyboard entry of a password or PIN.

I can easily see its value in a touch based scenario like iOS though.

Well, there are many tablets running Desktop apps with Windows OS, e.g., MS Surface, Acer, Samsung, etc. That seems like a good market for this kind of control.

Looks nice Markus.

I did say I could see value in a touch based scenario – so if you did that in a desktop app, sure. I suppose that can be true of desktop apps running kiosk style entry as well.

But making it available prior to 2019r2 still seems like a good idea to me…

R2 has made this a problem for most 3rd party developers… In order to have code that doesn’t throw exceptions and works with R1.1 and below you need a different code base. R2 changes the required event names as well as a number of other things that make backward compatiblity difficult at best.

Hi Markus

Looks like a great add-on.

Is it possible to change the grid size to say 6x6 etc so that the pattern has to be more complex eg more secure?

Cheers

Nathan

dave answered this already.
unfortunately there are a lot of forum discussions about the last r2 release.
if someone stay momentary at r1.1 the only option is to rewrite this control source code in the older ide.

[quote=461751:@Nathan Wright]Hi Markus
Looks like a great add-on.
Is it possible to change the grid size to say 6x6 etc so that the pattern has to be more complex eg more secure?
Cheers
Nathan[/quote]

thanks Nathan, it is done and in the next update.