Parenting parented objects

How do I have a use a superclass as a superclass of a superclass, how have all of the children working. Code of my parents that have parents themselves won’t execute the constructor method. Is this a bug in Xojo?

Thanks

are you putting SUPER.CONSTRUCTOR in the CONSTRUCTOR event of each subclass?

This will have each subclass execute the constructor event of its “superclass”… not to be confused with PARENT which is the relationship of controls within windows or other container controls.

[quote=43075:@Dave S]are you putting SUPER.CONSTRUCTOR in the CONSTRUCTOR event of each subclass?

This will have each subclass execute the constructor event of its “superclass”… not to be confused with PARENT which is the relationship of controls within windows or other container controls.[/quote]
Ah cheers.

[quote=43075:@Dave S]are you putting SUPER.CONSTRUCTOR in the CONSTRUCTOR event of each subclass?

This will have each subclass execute the constructor event of its “superclass”… not to be confused with PARENT which is the relationship of controls within windows or other container controls.[/quote]
I have passed experiences with this which made me want to avoid it.

But I did not really think about what it did so cheers. :wink: