I have the following problem using an ORACLEdatabase.
When I connect and test SQLselect -> works.
Then I close the database and later in the program I do the same:
connect (ok) and SQLSelect -> now, no error returned but recordset is Nil.
Maybe someone has heard about that problem before?
Or is the database somewhat completely shut down when I close it and I have to reinitialize everything?
post the code.
Did you check for errors after the connect?
Did you check for errors after your SQLSelect?
I checked for errors as I wrote:
“connect (ok) and SQLSelect -> now, no error returned but recordset is Nil.”
But, I found the solution. I have to completely set the database to Nil and rebuild it.
[code] Me.TheDatabase = new OracleDatabase // TheDatabase as Database
ORACLE = OracleDatabase(Me.TheDatabase)
ORACLE.DatabaseName = Me.ConnectionString
ORACLE.UserName = Me.UserId
ORACLE.Password = Me.Password
ORACLE.Debug = 1 // Maybe here lays the problem?
Tried setting Debug=0; same problem.
A record set will NEVER be NIL after an SQL Query unless there was a database connection error, or an error in the SQL being executed, otherwise a Recordset from a SELECT will at the very least contain ZERO records (which is NOT the same as NIL)
Normally, I’d agree. But yeesh we’ve seen some weird errors with oracle.
indeed; then the cause may be that the error is not reported up to Xojo.
thanks a lot for that even general statement; shared pain is half of the pain:-)
I have done ORACLE connections via OCI.dll.
It’s sometimes… remarkable, what happens there.
Another solution for me, if I want connection not to be kept open, would be ODBC.
That should work seamless.