Opening file stored on NAS (via smb) - Xojo on linux/Mac

Hello everybody.
I got locked on a problem, probably simple for most of you, but I can’t get out.
Programmatically, my app will read a name (code) of one file, it will look into the source folder and it will copy the file with the specified name into the destination folder.
On my test machine, a local pc (Mac, Windows and Linux) with these two folders, everything works fine.

When I move the app to connect on the network folder, hosted on Synology NAS, I got the problems.
NAS folders are shared and open… I can access easily and open files… no network or permissions issues.

I pass the folder name (got from finder)… example:
source is : smb://minimes060.local/prg4minimes/MC1
destination is : mb://minimes060.local/prg4minimes/MC1/ATTIVO
But when I look the file inside, my app reports NO-File-found. But the file is there…and if I look with finder or explorer… file is there and I can open…
I assume that network folder name is wrong… I tried many, but no way. I don’t really understand how to catch the right path.

This my basic program, here just to open the networked file (no copy) is :

Dim percorso1 As String
percorso1 = CStr(TextField1.Text) +“/”+ CStr(Nome.Text)
Dim temp As New FolderItem(percorso1.ToText, FolderItem.PathModes.Native)
If temp.Exists Then
temp.Open
else
MessageBox(“Missing File”)
end if

One point: FolderItem.PathModes.Native is the only working solution I found. Shell will crash and URL will not work.
I know I’m wrong… but I don’t know where… :upside_down_face:

Do you have any idea to try??
Thank you so much

Try using a path based on the mounted volume rather than the smb protocol.

2 Likes

If you don’t check Exists and just try to open the file does it work?

Just to be sure, the protocol is actually smb, not just mb, correct?

Wait a sec. Didn’t we establish on another thread recently that you can’t do this? That passing a URL to the Folderitem constructor just does not work?