We need to do the following, on fairly high resolution images (think 14k x 10k pixels, @16bit - massive):
- Color transforms
- Color inversion
- 3D LUT application
- Machine vision (alignment images using common reference markers in the image)
- Multi-channel color merging (three monochrome images to one RGB)
- Potentially: image stacking and alignment, tone mapping
there’s probably a bit more, but those are the basics
OpenCV is where we’d like to do this because it would be helpful to have some of it done on a fast GPU and that’s built into some OpenCV functions, but mostly it’s that I’d rather do it from within Xojo, which I’m already comfortable with. The alternative option would be to hire someone to write some command line tools that do these functions, and we call it from Xojo, but it seems like it’d be more seamless if I can just do it within the Xojo environment.
The main questions i have are:
- is there a 64bit version of this working? i’m aware of the code here but it says quite clearly that it’s 32bit. It was written several years ago and doesn’t seem to be up to date.
- Is there an alternative library I can get for Xojo that integrates current OpenCV versions?
- Is there an alternative to OpenCV that does some of the same stuff?