Open XML DTD with XMLDocument Error

Hello Everyone,

I am unable to open an XML file with a DTD schema elegantly in an XMLDocument. When I run the Xojo code I get the following error:

[quote]An exception of class XmlException was not handled. The application must shut down.

Exception Message msg:unsupported URI scheme ‘D’
Exception Error Number:67[/quote]
Other than ‘It doesn’t open the file’, what does this error mean? My guess is the URI scheme pointing to DTD is unsupported - and I am just taking a guess. Is this correct?

Here is a link to download the example XML file, DTD file, and Xojo file for you to give it a go. Run the Xojo program and open the XML file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rk92les29o9q9ke/TestDTD.zip

The good news is that I can create fully qualified XML with DTD Schema, I just can’t seem to figure out how to read it. I could read it as a text file, and then it would be a nightmare to try and figure out nodes, attributes, and content.

Has anyone developed a workaround for this issue, or is the simple answer ‘It can’t be done’?

Note: You may need to change the DTD file location in the XML file on your computer, depending on where the file has been saved :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Eugene

found today, as I was in front of the same problem
xmldocument is not able to open an external DTD
xmlreader is able to do it

I still need to find a way to convert an xmlreader to an xmldocument