One database works, another doesn't?

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but here it goes. My project is an accounting program, and I have one other tester right now. The problem I have ran into is the program runs fine on my system, with my database, but when my tester runs the latest version of my program, any time he does something that calls the database, it hangs. I don’t know where to look to see where the problem is, if I insert my database in, it works fine, so am thinking there is something wrong with his database, but am looking for some guidance as far as where to start.
TIA!
Fred

I forgot to mention that the program uses the Sqlite database, both systems are on Windows XP, if that matters.

For starters, have him send you his database file and debug locally.

Alternatively, compile the app and send it to me, and I will run it here and let you know if it works without errors.

When you say “insert my database in”, do you mean use the menus to add it to the project? If so, that’s your problem. It uses absolute path names, which will probably be different between machines. Inserting a database into your project is useful for single machine apps only. If your app is intended to be used on multiple machines, connect the database in code.

Yes, I had him sent his database file. Tim, I should have been more clear, I connect to the database in the code, I meant overwriting my database file on my machine with his database file, and visa versa. When I use my database, it works fine, but when I use his file, it hangs. I might also add that I sent him my database file, and he did the same on his end, with the same results. That is why I think it must be his database, but I don’t know how one goes about checking to see if the database is corrupt.
I can bring both databases up in SqliteBrowser, and everything appears fine to the casual observer.

Have you stepped through things in the debugger so you know exactly where in your code it’s hanging? You could very well be hanging in your own code based on results from the database. For example, while not rs.eof without rs.MoveNext at end of each iteration might do that on a non-empty result set.

Thanks Brad, I will give that a try and see what I can find.