[Omegabundle 2020] What's New

We’ll announce the ending soon.
But the offer usually runs for a month.

[quote=496250:@Douglas Handy] So buying now vs later has zero impact on the license period, if you have an existing license for a given product, and that vendor extends a license vs starting a new license period.

But this is just speaking as a customer; not for Omegabundle.[/quote]

More to do with cashflow in my piggy bank :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Valentina Studio Pro is more than just a database management tool for MySQL, MariaDB, ValentinaDB, PostgreSQL and SQLite - but it does a very, very good job at doing just that.

The Valentina Studio Data Editor lets you work directly with data stored in tables. Also, the Data Editor of Valentina Studio provides powerful ability to edit data in related tables. From within the Data Editor, you can add, edit, delete, sort, filter, import and export data. You can also copy-paste directly into a table in the Data Editor.

Ruslan recently posted a video about how to use filters within the Data Editor. They allow you to search for data within the editor without using any SQL.

You get a copy of Valentina Studio Pro, regularly $199, with Omegabundle for Xojo 2020.

@Lynn Fredricks, Do you have any plans to support ORACLE in Valentina Studio Pro

1 Like

@Lynn Fredricks I understand that OmegaBundle is a great value. Things is because of the pandemic, one may have to carefully spend the money.

Been a long time VS Pro user. One thing I’d love to see is being able to define virtual relationships for tables to be able to use the nice related table edit feature even when the underlying DB does not have an official relationship. That is, be able to specify using one table’s column value as a foreign key to some other table then vew/edit as if related at the DB level.

Often have to use DBs where some column is a foreign key value, but is not part of the DB spec and I can’t control the DB spec.

As a vendor of Xojo add-ons, we appreciate the support by the community as those who can buy something do make purchases and keep our business running. Thanks.

1 Like

Ending announced for 31st July.

Yes. Although I cannot give you an exact date yet, there are a number of product updates we have planned through end of summer (yikes, that’s not very far away!), but we have a specific plan to revisit our database support in Valentina Studio Pro, and that includes Oracle. I believe we will be talking about this a bit more publicly in September.

1 Like

I agree. But along with that care I think also a consideration is the market. The Omegabundle is bursting with add-ons that can add significant, new features to products.

While $399.99 isn’t a small amount of money for many, even if in the next 12 months you only use 2 or 3 items you have an opportunity to translate that into additional sales with the right marketing, and you need to consider how many sales you’ll need to make back that total investment.

Another consideration is if some of these items will allow you to add a new ‘level’ to your product or service offering. For example, consider adding live in app charting / graphing and also output of reports to a variety of formats. It may be possible to add a new tier to your product line up which enables you to charge more for that new tier. That in turn exposes you to a new type of customer.

I am not trying to downplay the impact of COVID19 or whatever else is happening, but hard times like these can be even more competitive than economically strong ones.

new blog post:
Save Xojo report to PDF

1 Like

GraffitiSuite Release 32 is now available. This is largely a maintenance release to address some reported issues.

Among others, GraffitiHTMLEditor should now be more stable in certain edge conditions, GraffitiRibbon has some added customization options, and GraffitiColorPicker was improved for modal use cases.

Desktop Edition is $349.99, but for only $399.99 you can get GraffitiSuite Desktop Edition as a part of the best 92 products, add-ons and tools for Xojo.

1 Like

@Christian Schmitz Does Save Xojo report to PDF work also with Web projects ?

Thanks

The DynaPDF classes in general do work for Web apps, but I don’t expect Xojo reports work there.

Oh yes no reports in Web project, I always forget .

Just released version 1.0.3 of the Ohanaware App Kit. Starting to put some focus on preparing your Xojo made Mac Application for macOS Big Sur. I have some blog articles coming soon for this also.

• NSMutableArrayClass - Convenience Xojo class for working with Mutable Arrays.
• NSArray.createWithFile - Convenience function to create a NSArray from a Xojo Folderitem.
• Fixed a bug in NSDictionary.createWithFile where it was always creating a Mutable dictionary
• NSErrorCode - Get the error code from a NSError.
• NSErrorLocalizedRecoverySuggestion - Get a suggestion on how to resolve the error.
• NSMutableDictionary.cancelMergeIn - allows capture when a dictionary is to be merged with another.
• NSMutableArray.cancelAdd - enables capture of objects being added.
• NSMutableArray.cancelRemove - enables capture of objects being removed.
• NSMutableArray.cancelReplace - enables capture of objects being replaced.
• Added a NSVisualEffectView class, that can be laid out in the IDE.
• Added a toggleThemeButton which can be added to interfaces, making it easy to test interfaces in either dark or light mode.
• Added a Sierra-Emphasized option to the OWSourceList.
• Added an App Store size option to the OWSourceList.
• Resizing a window splitter from the titlebar/toolbar area no longer moves the window.
• OWScrollView2020.selectionBackground - Solid, Vibrant or Emphasized
• OWScrollView2020.selectionStyle - Wide or inset (for macOS 10.16)
• NSToolbarItemNavigational & NSToolbaritemSetNavigational - for macOS 10.16
• NSWindowSubTitle - for macOS 10.16
• NSControlSize - renamed values
• NSControlSize - Added Large for macOS 10.16
• Updated rectControl.controlSize with a better function for getting the system font size.
• Improved handling of system notifications when they’re forwarded on the non-main thread.

More information can be found at https://ohanaware.com/appkit/

To purchase visit http://omegabundle.net

Updated GUI Cheat Sheet

1 Like

GuancheMOS is the preferred serial number creation and validation Engine plug-in for commercial Xojo apps you might want to deploy on Windows, Linux and macOS - and included in Omegabundle for Xojo 2020!

Serial Number Generation and Validation for Xojo Developers
GuancheMOS is compatible with applications developed with Xojo and compiled for OS X (32 bits/64 bits), Windows (32 bits/64 bits), Linux (32 bits/64 bits) for Web executables, Desktop, Raspberry Pi and Console deployments.
GuancheMOS allows Xojo macOS, Windows, Linux and Web developers to include in their applications the ability to generate and validate unique serial numbers or license keys with a minimum effort and a minimum footprint in their final executables.

By using this plug-in, Xojo developers will be able also to create their own apps for the automated assignment and control of serial numbers in a per-application basis. Of course the main purpose of GuancheMOS is the integration of the serial validation process in the final apps with the simple call to a function.

With MBS Starter Kit, you can create PDF files with your applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.

Anyone who needs to create PDF files on client / server systems, requires a PDF library that can deal with current PDF files in the future. The PDF format was greatly extended in recent years and the development does never end. A PDF library must keep pace with this development but it is almost impossible to implement all new features immediately after the publication of a new version of PDF. Therefore, a PDF library should ensure that new features do not lead to errors or even data loss.

DynaPDF Starter in Omegabundle for Xojo 2020 can create PDFs cross platform including pictures, tables, embedded fonts and full unicode support. You can include vector graphics, text formatting, file, web and page links, named destinations and bookmarks. Use our graphics class integration to redirect existing drawing code to output to PDF including reports.

1 Like

See also new blog post Professional Charts in Xojo with ChartDirector on the Xojo blog.

1 Like

GraffitiDropZone is a file selection utility UI class that allows users to drop files on an area of your window. Supports links in text to perform operations such as opening the system file selector or clearing selection.

GraffitiDropZone from GraffitiSuite is new to Desktop Edition. It offers:

• File drop capture
  • Custom links
  • Multiple file handling
1 Like