ok try this one, small chat client

i ran SFC and it blinked once and closed and my file is still corrupt

Open a cmd prompt (type cmd into search box, right click it, select open as administrator) then type in sfc /scannow

u rock dude!

nope still didnt find anything so i dunno

do u think my isp my is blocking this?

Most ISPs will block ports below 1024, so try a higher number, usually in the 50,000’s should be good…

tried port 50999 still nothin

Does your modem(router) have UPNP on?
If so you should be able to connect as the modem(router) will open that port for your (listening) machine if a remote tries to connect to it.

Otherwise if you listening machine is listening, your router may (very likely) block that port. So you can then best use port triggering or port forwarding to your listening machine.

Try this; map the port, run your listener app then visit http://canyouseeme.org/ and enter in the port number and see if it connects. If not then its either your app, your port forwarding isn’t working or your ISP is blocking the incoming traffic.

alli get is a time out error

i do aplogize for asking questions about this but im lost i appreciate all the insite u have given me

Ok, thats not working then.

No problem, lets start with the modem, have you ever opened a port on it before and do you know how, is it even possible on your modem? What make/model is it, maybe we can download the manual and talk you through it if not.

the modem/router is a RealTek PCIe Family Controller an Arris build i think. ive even been reading on port forwarding . i know its not my code because it works on my brothers computer, and im beginning to believe my ISP is blocking something its all i can think of,…

I’ll check the manual in the morning, about to get some zzz’s. Sounds like you might be right, it might be worth a call to their support tomorrow?

yup ttyl rest up

i think i need Xfinity Business service…

Sounds like they’re trying to get you to upgrade to more money…

thats exactly what i think too

would a VPN work?

If you can’t forward ports in your router to your local computer, I don’t think VPN will work… Your ISP really shouldn’t be blocking ports over 1024 though… I’d look at switching before I’d look at giving them more money for an upgrade…