ODBC error

I’m trying to test an SQLite ODBC driver on windows with XOJO. I get the following database error.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

System:
Win 7 (64-bit) (Virtualbox VM)
Devart ODBC driver (64-bit)
Xojo for Windows (Release 2021 3.1)

Does XOJO or the ODBC plugin not work properly on 64-bit Windows?

Xojo has built in support for working with SQLite databases, it doesn’t require ODBC, would that perhaps solve your problem?

I’m aware of the support for SQLite. I use it all of the time. I’m testing the ODBC as a followup to my last xDev column on ODBC,

Thanks.

Ah, back in the days when I had to use Widdows I had a hate/hate relationship with ODBC, sorry.

The only time that I used it on windows in the past was IBM’s driver for the AS/400.

Can you show us what the DSN string is?

I just discovered that I have a 32-bit Windows 7 VM. I’m going to try that tomorrow to see if it changes anything. If not I’ll post a screen grab of the DSN setup.

Oh that would do it. 32-bit OS and 64-bit ODBC connector.

That was part of my hate, except that in 16 bit and 32 bit ODBC there were to different tools to create the Datasources.

Problem solved. works fine on 32-bit Windows 7. Which still leaves the question about the compatibility of the ODBC plugin with 64-bit Windows architecture.

it’s very important that the bitness of the application and the ODBC driver match. You’re saying it works fine on 32-bit Windows, but not in 64-Bit. Is it possible that you’ve installed the 32-bit ODBC driver on your 64-bit system and that’s why it won’t connect?

I did check on that using regedit to look at the registry. It was definitely the 64-bit driver.