Not Working on Enterprise Linux

Not to sound sarcastic. Has anyone been able to get XoJo to run on a Enterprise Linux system? More specifically SuSE Linux Enterprise Service Pack 2? Anyways… I have been reading through the forum and did all the things people seem to have been doing, yet no go. Immediate crash, just stops running.

Thoughts?

Have you tried running Xojo from a Terminal to see if there are any errors listed there?

You may need some libraries like libunwind8.
see
http://documentation.xojo.com/resources/system_requirements_for_current_version.html#Linux_Notes

Sure does make an error. The IDE starts, and I loaded one of the examples. Database - SQLite Example.

kb6ibb@KB6IBB-15:/opt/xojo/xojo2020r2.1> ./Xojo
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory failed to load code unit /home/kb6ibb/Xojo/2020.021.00…51642/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins0GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to load code unit /home/kb6ibb/Xojo/2020.021.00…51642/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins1GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to load code unit /home/kb6ibb/Xojo/2020.021.00…51642/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins2GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to load code unit /home/kb6ibb/Xojo/2020.021.00…51642/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins3GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The plugin folder referred to in the error is empty.

Remove the Oracle plugin.

Removed the Oracle plugin, same result. Same error message.

I have managed to make some progress. I removed all of the plugins and now I only get the Segmentation fault and a core dump.

What modules did you choose for this installation? Was the Desktop module and/or Development module installed with this setup? Did you select Gnome for this setup? If you’ve got gdb installed with this setup, try running Xojo through gdb and post the backtrace.

I just installed SuSE Linux Enterprise Service Pack 2 with the described setup (i.e. checked Desktop and Development module, and selected Gnome), and installed the Linux/tgz version of Xojo and I was able to launch Xojo just fine.

Somehoe I tested today on Suse 15 and it works after install of Libunwind8

On my system both the 64 and 32 bit Libunwind8 are installed.

Yes, but did you build anything. I can get the ide to come up just fine. Load one of the sample projects, click run, and crash. Segmentation fault, core dumped.

Yes, I was able to run an example project just fine. This could be related to how you installed Xojo, can you try the Linux/tgz version and see if that works?

I know this thread is old, but I was having the exact same error that @Jeff_Stillinger was having on Fedora 34. I found that the error goes away and Xojo will build/run properly if you disable Wayland and use normal X11.

Xojo should mention in the Linux notes that Wayland isn’t supported.

1 Like

Thank you Michael. I will give that a try. This wouldn’t be defined as a small problem, but rather a very big one. It’s my understanding that Wayland is on it’s way to replacing X11. I know that on a standard SuSE Enterprise that Wayland is the default, but several of the X11 libraries are installed.

Ahh… This is going to be fun, but thanks again for sharing your experience.