Non-fatal problem message when building

Hello,

Older developer :slight_smile: new to Xojo. Great product! I’ve figured out most of what I need using this forum and the documentation. Suddenly I’ve come across a bizarre error as I am in the final stages of the development. I get the following build error message:

This just started happening and I noticed that my copyfiles build steps are not copying the resources to the app’s resource folder. This was working just fine previously. I’m at a loss since I do not know where I can see a copy of the Xojo build logs to possibly determine the root cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You found a bug in the IDE and you can report it with the Feedback app.

Thanks for the reply. I did more digging and generated a feedback report that indicates it can’t create Contents in theCopyFilesBuildStep:

I’m not sure what would suddenly cause this to happen.

I’ll submit the feedback report. At the moment I’m stuck.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> CopyFilesBuildStep.ExecuteStep can't create Contents 1 97 1 IDE Version : 2021 Release 3.1

IDE failed assertion.

Message: CopyFilesBuildStep.ExecuteStep can’t create Contents
Details:

Stack: Logging.AssertOrRecover%%bss
CopyFilesBuildStep.ExecuteStep%%o<CopyFilesBuildStep>i8i8o<FolderItem>bsbo<Document>b
BuildProcessThread.DoPostBuild%%o<BuildProcessThread>o<FolderItem>o<FolderItem>
BuildWindow.BuildWindow.StartBuildProcesses%%o<BuildWindow.BuildWindow>o<DocWindow>b
Document.DoBuildApp%%o<Document>b
ActionSet.Perform%v%o<ActionSet>
RuleEngine.Evaluate%v%o<RuleEngine>
Document.HandleCommand%b%o<Document>o<Commands.Command>
DocWindow.HandleCommand%b%o<DocWindow>o<Commands.Command>
StudioMainWindow.StudioMainWindow.HandleCommand%b%o<StudioMainWindow.StudioMainWindow>o<Commands.Command>
Commands.Dispatch%%o<Commands.Command>
Commands.Dispatch%%s
IDEScriptContext.DoCommand%%o<IDEScriptContext>s
IDEScriptContext.BuildApp%s%o<IDEScriptContext>i8b

MySQLCommunityPlugin ODBCPlugin OraclePlugin #CoreClasses PostgreSQLPlugin WindowSplitter TreeView MSSQLServerPlugin

In the event anyone else encounters this, it appears that deleting the Build folder and Rebuilding cleared up everything!