Best I can tell, there’s no way to force an external item in a project to reload other than closing the project entirely and then re-opening it.
In short, what I’d like:
- Right-click external item in IDE
- Click “Refresh This Item”
- External item is reloaded from Disk
I’m seeing this issue most often with Classes which are external. Modules seem to be more likely to refresh when changes are made.
The closest example I can find of a related case is this case from way back in 2010.
but it seems to be asking for more than what I am. (it wants to add protection via an alert to prevent overwriting a newer version of an external item)
- All external items in my projects are stored using XML format.
- I’m running 2019 Release 3.1 and 2021 Release 1.1 on macOS 10.14.6