Nifty feature or pain in the butt bug?

Not too certain what I did, but now my whole project shows up as a flat list in the navigator… After twenty minutes of scrolling, you will find that method you were looking for :wink:

Have your filtered for a single character like an a or an e?

Never even noticed that filter field had a character in it…

Happens to me regularly somehow the cursor ends up in the filter, I think being typing in code, and all the sudden everything goes away. It must be the same kind of jumping cursor bug as what happens when defining a method. Unfortunately, I have not found yet how this happens.

That Filter and normal “search” is always messing me up, as it works totally different than other IDE (Xcode for example, the SEARCH is where XOJO filter is)

Worst part is you can’t just delete the text from the field and get back to where you were in the navigator/tab… it goes back to the top level and then you have to dig back down to find what you were trying to do. Usually happens to me after a debug run…

I think what happened was (in my case) I clicked the “debug” button and then mashed the CMD . to cancel it… meh just turned out to be an ID 10-T error, so I can live with that…

OT: Just a side remark …

Oh yes, the jumping cursor bug - this one is driving me nuts. I click into the properties field of a method but when I start typing the text goes somewhere else… randomly. Or copying methods, properties and eventhandlers: most of the time it works, but then again, randomly, it crashes the IDE or it leads to out-of-the-blue error messages (After Ctrl+K) which only disappear after a restart of the IDE. I can’t even create a feedback case on that, because I can’t reproduce it. But it occurs very regularly to me.

The old IDE was more mature, safe and reliable in the navigation than the new one. I wonder if it ever will grow back to its former standards?

Submitting feedback with reproducible steps is the bet way to get things fixed, but some of the issues are hard to reproduce though…

Even reproducible and correctly reported, the jumping cursor bug is still present when creating a method. Most amazing, after setting the name of the method and pressing tab, the cursor does appear for an instant in the parameters box, before jumping into the code area.

From previous discussions, Norman indicated that the pest was notoriously difficult to catch.

I have trained myself to edit the method first and then change its name in case I duplicated a method to adapt it for another set of input parameters. I noticed the error seems to stem from Navigator sorting in the method alphabetically after you renamed it and then forgetting the cursor position and focus.

Every time I scan the list of topics, I see the last word in this one as “plug”…

hmm… Perhaps time to change some of your other hobbies?