New Xojo plugin in beta RADPACK

Is this pack themable or is this the only look? Not to be rude but the current theme looks like the Web Design in the 90s.

Is this for Web 1 or 2?
No demo for Windows?
Is there an OnlineDemo?

The website is not written in Xojo, I am looking at an update to the design at the moment, I think the comments above maybe confusing, its people talking about the website not the product. The product is not Xojo Web, its cross platform desktop RAD tools addon, to speed up development of desktop apps. I am updating the windows demo as I type it will be back shortly. There is no online demo (It’s not web version yet)

macOS 11.6 Big Sur M1

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 13.45.45

It’s not a web addon.

Same on macOS 12 Monterey.

Fix that, will be uploaded shorty missed a file in upload.

Well, I was talking about the product, but yes, it is confusing. This is what I was talking about looking like the 90s web design :yum:

But, the same question aplies, is this desktop pack themable?

I see, I will tone them down a bit, they are optional, the demo is to show how customisable they are. Themes in development but I want to make them fully dynamic, they will be in the next update. The theme engine scans all colours and styles from a running app and gives you an editable page of fonts, colours , styles that have been discovered, you can then edit them in real-time and save the theme or themes, saved themes can instantly be loaded on the fly. I have this 90% complete at the moment.

1 Like

Hope this is a little less 90’s look

Fixed

You cannot really see here but the buttons are animated (they actually press in) the rainbow slider changes colour as you move it, etc. All optional of course.

Site updated

What info you looking for exactly?

Googled 90’s website look got this https://www.google.com/search?q=1990+website+look&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB928GB928&sxsrf=AOaemvKyGP22gVCAOFljlEvVMImWwpEJJw:1636599427209&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjo4f37p4_0AhUMkRQKHXSJCr8Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1049&bih=811&dpr=1.25

Are you just talking about the vivid colours? need a bit more info.

You can try also “90s web design”, look a this result https://www.webdesignmuseum.org/exhibitions/web-design-in-the-90s/cyprus-online-1997

Yes, the colours are a big part on that, but also the style of the borders, the backgrounds. The etched fonts, raised groups like windows 95. TBH, I havent seen an app with this lok in a very long long time.

But the important part is the functionality, and if you got the theming, try to showcase with a modern look. Because showcasing the way it is, people will lok a it 5 seconds and descard it without looking at the functionality thinking that is something old :wink:

Some good application for this form of UI would be in SCADA / HMI environment where these attributes are important. E.g factories , control rooms etc. There are always suitable places for any kind of design school.

Interesting, I will finish the themes before I release it.

1 Like

Making the Rapidweaver site nicer shouldn’t be hard:

• Make the background white
  • One contrasting color
  • No moving parts

That is right, but that market is limited, that is why the theming is important, you can cover those design schools.