New Video - Intro to XojoScript: Xojo's Coolest Feature (Marc Zeedar)

Today’s video is available here!

XDC 2019, speaker: Marc Zeedar from xDev Magazine

XojoScript is probably Xojo’s most under- appreciated feature, and yet it’s one of the language’s most powerful and best capabilities. In this overview, you’ll learn what you can do with XojoScript and how to build dynamic apps with scriptable architecture that don’t require recompiling in order to gain new abilities.

Thanks for posting XDC 2019 videos :slight_smile:

The playlist of what we have released so far is available on YouTube here for those who want to watch them all. New videos will be added to it as they are released.

Shame i had bought them, now they are free ?

sitting around for the next xojoscript session as announced !

another covid19 collateral damage

Well, I had bought some other years, then took the early renewal (at full price) to get the 2019 videos instead of waiting for a Black Friday sale when I could have renewed at a discount. So I kinda paid for them. But on the flip side, I had access to them earlier than now. So it is kinda like buying a new device than having the price drop or specs improve if you had waited. That will always be true in this industry.

And I will commend Xojo for releasing them when many people have down time anyway and can benefit from them.

In looking at your account, it looks like you bought a product and got the videos for free.

Like many other companies right now, we are trying to help people by providing content for continued learning during this crisis.

[quote=482968:@Dana Brown]In looking at your account, it looks like you bought a product and got the videos for free.

Like many other companies right now, we are trying to help people by providing content for continued learning during this crisis.[/quote]

“The videos where only avaialble after making a purchase, that’s not free” That’s behind a paywall. I just don’t get it why those video’s where not even release freely it’s marketing ?
Nevermind, it just doesnt’ feel right.

[quote=482970:@Derk Jochems]“The videos where only avaialble after making a purchase, that’s not free” That’s behind a paywall. I just don’t get it why those video’s where not even release freely it’s marketing ?
Nevermind, it just doesnt’ feel right.[/quote]
With your mindset… I hope you’re business will be doing great long term, honestly.

@Dana Brown Regarding the XDC videos, great move.

It was a sales promotion, but instead of a % off discount like they (like many businesses) sometimes do, it was including another product “free” to help promote a different product. In my case, renewing a Pro license months before the expiration date. Though since doing a renewal, Xojo still bumped my prior expiration date by 12 months – not 12 months from when I took the deal.

To suggest they should just make all conference videos free is silly. Once you have invested in producing software, do you just release it freely? If not, is it marketing to not give away your product free? (Xojo is not open source software.)

I’m pleasantly surprised to see them do this; I don’t see that Xojo was ever under any obligation to give away conference videos. Including any 2020 videos that have been or may still be released (except perhaps to those who had signed for XDC 2020).