Need help in developing an Attendance Record Management System using SQLite

Greetings,

I am a newbie in xojo (been trying to learn for the past 2 weeks) and I have some questions regarding developing a SQLite-based Attendance Management Record System Application for my final college project. (Desktop App)

Before that, I will explain how I want my application to run:

There are basically three windows which are the login window, main user window and admin window.
The SQLite db is called EmployeeDB which has 2 tables: UserTable (Has 2 columns which are Username & Password) & UserAttendance (Has 5 columns which are Date, Username, Time_In, Time_Out, Remarks)

Situation A:
A normal employee can use his/her username and password to login into his account and view details concerning his/her attendance on a listbox. The listbox will show the date and both time in and out for the whole month.

Situation B:
A normal employee can click on a button to apply for leave which will then cause a small calendar popup to show up to let the user choose which date to apply… The request will be sent to the Admin for approval. Clicking on the Time In & Time Out button causes the column in Time_In & Time_Out to add the current time to the column so that the time in & out can be tracked.

Situation C:
An admin wants to log in to view the attendance for each users, register new users and approve leaves

Now regarding the questions:

1. In my application, i’ve made a login window which has a username & password field, how do I make it possible for the usernamefield.text & passwordfield.text to
    compare with the “UserTable” sqlite table which has two columns mainly Username and Password?

EG: A “UserTable” sqlite table has “John” as Username & “1234” as Password, when “john” & “1234” is inputted in the usernamefield & passwordfield, the application will check if the typed input exists from the Username & Password column, therefore making the login a success.

1. Is it better for me to use another db such as MySQL or PostgreSql?

2. I have pretty much no idea how to create the leave approval to be sent to the admin back n forth and the calendar pop-up menu, since no tutorials are available. Any ideas on how to do this part?

3. Is it possible to connect the two sqlite table using the Username information?

Now i know that this is pretty basic stuff but I only have 4 days left to complete this application before the deadline and time is (clearly) not on my side :smiley:
Any form of suggestions/criticism would be appreciated, thank you.

First off… homework assignments are not the focus of this forum… But answering specific question is. :slight_smile:

so

1. Use SQL
  2. depends on the requirements, for a homework SQLite should be fine unless specified otherwise
  3. Good Luck
  4. yes (you asked the wrong question)

Four days… I am assuming you procrastinated on this assignment… since even as a homework assignement, this is a fair amount of work…

Good Luck.

[quote=173986:@Dave S]First off… homework assignments are not the focus of this forum… But answering specific question is. :slight_smile:

so

1. Use SQL
  2. depends on the requirements, for a homework SQLite should be fine unless specified otherwise
  3. Good Luck
  4. yes (you asked the wrong question)

Four days… I am assuming you procrastinated on this assignment… since even as a homework assignement, this is a fair amount of work…

Good Luck.[/quote]
In fact programming is not to cook quesadillas or scrambled eggs.