Navigator Question

I don’t know if this behavior is a bug or not or rather what the bug is…

I have a bunch of Related classes in a module. I want to open a tab that just shows those classes to work on them…

I tried double clicking the “Classes” hierarchical item of the module, expecting a new tab to open showing just those classes.

A new tab opened but the tab label said “(no selection)” and gave me a top level view of the project… Obviously not what wanted or expected

Is double clicking the Classes Item of module not supported and a tab should NOT have opened, or was it supposed to work as I thought it should and just opened a tab sowing only the classes contained in the module?

BTW I’m finding a lot funkiness with Navigator showing the wrong state of hierarchical item parents when doing things like deleting or moving items in a number of situations. It seems to depend on exactly how it was done… I find closing and reopening a higher level item fixes the display issues so internally teh state is stored correctly…

BTW what is tab locking supposed to be doing and is it going it yet? I have never been able to figure that out.

I really have to wonder if the navigator is just too complex …

I know it causes me to lose my train of thought a LOT more than in RS even after all this time.

• Karen

I’ve been saying this for about two years. It’s doing too much and making assumptions on what I want it to do and when.

No idea either. Removing it would probably be easier than getting it to work properly (whatever properly means).