My two favorite solutions from users that came to the Xojo Developer Retreat

Two users who came to the conference told me about the solutions they have created that really help people. The first was Alvaro Fontan. His app helps save the lives of people lost in the wilderness areas. Over the last 3 years, over 500 people have been saved.

The second was Peter Ford and James Schorey from Control Bionics. They demonstrated a small, round, wireless device that can connect anywhere on the human body that detects the movement of a muscle and transmits that to a receiver connected to a laptop. This allows the user to take various actions (through the software written in Xojo) to send messages, control devices, etc. This is extremely beneficial to people with neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS which is near and dear to me as my best friend from high school has ALS. In fact, at the event I put Peter in touch with my friend so they can start helping him. Peter told me that their very first customer was completely locked in (meaning he could move almost nothing except a single muscle above one eye). Within an hour of having the device, he was sending text messages. You can only imagine the quality of life improvement that makes for someone with ALS.

Hearing stories like this is one of the things we at Xojo like most about bringing Xojo to all of you.

46 Likes

Thank you Geoff for the mention!

For us, Xojo was the ideal platform to develop our web app and now we are looking forward to get our iphone/android app done with it as well!

7 Likes

Yes. Peter, James, and the team at Control Bionics are doing some fantastic work. I had the opportunity to work briefly with them last year and I must say it was a pleasure especially considering the nature of their efforts. Working with them was much more rewarding than the many broadcast television projects I’ve worked on in the past. Guys, keep up the great work !!

1 Like