My Offline Kanban

Hello everyone!
I have been working on my own Kanban program for offline small projects and I would like people to try/test it and hopefully enjoy it. It is open source and pay what you can for the precompiled version. So you can use it for free or give money to support the development!

You can get it for Mac and Linux here:

If you want to compile it yourself or criticize my coding of the project then you can look here:

Sorry to the Windows users out there as Windows was having so many issues that I took it down until I can fix it. Windows can’t draw the cards correctly the way it is implemented.

9 Likes

Thank you for making this available to the public. :+1:

1 Like

I like open source, I hope it works well for you or inspires something your making!

If you have any issues or bugs please put them in the GitHub issues. :+1:

if I run the project, it works fine in debug mode, but when I try to build it I get this error

Are you on an Apple device? I am on Linux and was able to build for all platforms. Not sure if there are extra requirements when building on Apple. I don’t have the hardware to test though :slightly_frowning_face: Xojo support was able to do Apple when I asked them about my Windows issues. But I don’t think they built it just debug.

yes I’m on a mac

You need to remove the developer ID “AlwaysOfflineSoftware” from the macOS sign build step

4 Likes

Using a URL and then replacing some characters is not a good practice. In windows you will end with an invalid path and this function is going to crash:

Sub ReadFile(filePath as string)
Var f As FolderItem= New FolderItem(filePath)
Var t As TextInputStream
Var contents As String

If f <> Nil Then
  t = TextInputStream.Open(f)
  t.Encoding = Encodings.UTF8 //specify encoding of input stream
  contents = t.ReadAll
  t.Close
  Return contents
End If

return ""
End Sub

New FolderItem throus an exception instead of just be Nil. Maybe changing the URL por a NativePath?

1 Like

xojo sucks having overlapping controls but, why do you have 2 subclased canvas inside a container if you can draw directly on the container??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: With that and refreshing the main windows and the lines in the RepositionCards, it works ok.

can

2 Likes

Right, xojo also SUCKS for GIT and the open source proyects :roll_eyes:

Sorry I cant share the changes.

1 Like

Save as binary and send a link to it to Paul, I’m sure he will appreciate your work.

1 Like

All I can say is that it’s the first Xojo project I’ve ever done, I’m usually Java and Python SQL apps at work. I made it the way it was making sense and working!

Also yes if you were to share with me I would update and credit you! Up to you though. Also thank you for the advice and looking into it!

3 Likes

I’ll fix that and update, thank you for the advice!