Music file formats (flac)

Flac seems to not be a supported music file format within Xojo.

I get an eye on AVFoundationPG.pdf (AVFoundation) but I do not found a list of music supported file formats.

And I do not took time to search for Windows.

That you can test yourself with Xojo Version 2014 or 2015 and MoviePlayer.

I think if it can be played with QuickView it should work

from Media formats supported by QuickTime Player

media formats and codecs that QuickTime Player can open in Mac OS X v10.6.x or later

• iTunes Audio (.m4a, .m4b, .m4p)
  • MP3
  • Core Audio (.caf)
  • AIFF
  • AU
  • SD2
  • WAV
  • SND
  • AMR

Thank you Axel. Thus “10.6 and later” does not sound good for me…

I already tested WAV and mp3, I make a copy of an Elvis Presley song from CD (AIFF) and it works fine.

I tried FolderItem.OpenAsSound shared code from docs and load using MoviePlayer. Once I failed with flac, I started to search and I asked here about the supported file formats.

There are caf files in my hard disk, but I do not know their length (in seconds…).

snd ? Wasn’t that a resource of a file in MacOS 9 and prior ?

QuickView in my 10.10.2 does not display html file contents anymore, so I will not count on it (not at 100%: True if it play sounds, False otherwise).

Oh, I only have to get a test file and do it by myself width Xojo.

Why?

QuickView does not display .html files on my system either (10.10.2).

Then something is wrong with your system.
It works for me in 10.10.2

[quote=170494:@Axel Schneider]Then something is wrong with your system.
It works for me in 10.10.2[/quote]
It might be related to that issue where QuickLook was displaying remote images in emails even though the Mail.app setting was set to deny automatic downloading/displaying of remote images.

Anyway, [quote=170004:@Emile Schwarz]Flac seems to not be a supported music file format within Xojo.

I get an eye on AVFoundationPG.pdf (AVFoundation) but I do not found a list of music supported file formats.

And I do not took time to search for Windows.[/quote]
This information was listed at the beginning of the Multimedia Programming Guide: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/AudioVideo/Conceptual/MultimediaPG/UsingAudio/UsingAudio.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009767-CH2-SW33
However I would recommend using the “Preferred Audio Format” of CAF for iOS. It’s built in and all that jazz.
FLAC is not supported by CoreAudio on any Apple device (Mac or iOS) and probably will not be¹.

¹ Needs citation, but is true - except for that last part that’s an opinion.

I do not know. When I press the space bar, a square (or rect) window is drown, then nothing inside even if I let it like that for some times (one minute).

With 10.10.1 (and lower), it works fine. Maybe a French localization issue (this happens in the past and was corrected with the next + .1 update).

Not a localisation issue, as I am in the UK, and I too get an empty display window when viewing .html files using QuickLook.

I do not know. When I press the space bar, a square (or rect) window is drown, then nothing inside even if I let it like that for some times (one minute).

With 10.10.1 (and lower), it works fine. Maybe a French localization issue (this happens in the past and was corrected with the next + .1 update).Axel, Richard: thank you for not letting me think that I was alone with that bad behavior.

try a big cleanup of your quicklook plugin folder ! (remove all then reinstall one by one and restart before use)
/Library/Quicklook

Thanks Jean-Yves,

No user library/quicklook.

In the boot hard disk library/quicklook/ folder:

iBooksAuthor.qlgenerator
iWork.qlgenerator
QuickLookEyeTV.qlgenerator

more tips ?

Search on OS files gaves:
Audio.qlgenerator
Bookmark.qlgenerator
Clippings.qlgenerator
Contact.qlgenerator
EPS.qlgenerator
Font.qlgenerator
iBooksAuthor.qlgenerator
iCal.qlgenerator
iChat.qlgenerator
Icon.qlgenerator
Image.qlgenerator
iWork.qlgenerator
LocPDF.qlgenerator
Mail.qlgenerator
Movie.qlgenerator
Notes.qlgenerator
Office.qlgenerator
Package.qlgenerator
PDF.qlgenerator
QuickLookEyeTV.qlgenerator
SceneKit.qlgenerator
Security.qlgenerator
StandardBundles.qlgenerator
Text.qlgenerator
Web.qlgenerator

so I have places to search.

That library/quicklook is in the System folder

Three available “Library” folders !

I will read the famous “It’s Simple” book on Yosemite:

“Yosemite is Simple” in 101 volumes ;-:slight_smile:

I found an article (old) here: QuickLook .

Did that work for you?

According to Stack Exchange - this seems to be a bug which Apple are already aware of??

No. But when I removed the “web something” file, the QL window displays an unknow file window, no more a large and empty window.

I found some preferences files in a folder I closed too fast and I was ot able to clear them.

At last, I was feeling angry and trash the whole in the wait of an Apple solution (in 10.10.3, maybe).

Thanks for the site name. I found an entry: Updating to OS X 10.10.2 broke Quick Look previews for HTML files.

Download and install latest public beta (10.10.3) and be happy with QuickLook’s html files