MoviePlayer Contextual Menu

The MoviePlayer (Native) in Windows will allow a user to right-click on the MoviePlayer and get a contextual menu that allows access to a number of things you may not want them to access. There is a simple, but undocumented way to keep the user from getting to the menu by using the following in the MoviePlayer.Open event:

#if TargetWin32 then me.MovieController.enableContextMenu = False #Endif

Hopefully this is useful information.

Undocumented since this is part of the OLE Control - not Xojo’s movie player itself

More useful things you can do with the MoviePlayer in windows is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd563945(v=vs.85).aspx

Side question: Is there a way to block contextual clicks in a HTMLViewer? I know it’s possible though various JavaScript tricks, but how about for the whole control?

Maybe since on Windows the native viewer is the ActiveX control and you may be able to there using one of its native methods

On OS X its a web view and I’m not aware of a way to block them

On linux it ail depend on whether you have webkit or not and you can get at the handle and see if the chromium embedded api (version 2 not 3) has a way

[quote=123064:@Norman Palardy]Maybe since on Windows the native viewer is the ActiveX control and you may be able to there using one of its native methods
[/quote]

The question came up in a thread not long ago. Of course now I can’t find it back. IE10 and 11 no longer rely on registry values for the content of the context menu, so the methods described on the Internet don’t work.