Monitor Suggestions

I was flipping through the black friday specials and thought about upgrading my monitor and thought I’d see if anyone had any suggestions or feedback. I’ve had a two monitor setup in the past and found it somewhat fatiguing on the eye. I’d rather have a one big monitor so this one appeals to me. Any opinions, advice, or random thoughts on the topic would be appreciated.

two of those connected to a mac pro would be really nice :stuck_out_tongue:

nice that you can get a thunderbolt version

LG makes nice display glass

And if you can get one at a discount on black friday I’d be tempted

What are you connecting this to ?

I just saw this video yesterday about 5K monitors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEjeVjq5irk

If I were considering buying a new monitor, I’d be looking for a 4K at least.

Figures Norman would ask that question.

Ok, so I won’t avoid the lecture.

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro but I’m looking to update it when skylake hits.

** ducks **

But Norman, it’s because I don’t need a new laptop, I just want a new laptop.

So eventually a 2016 macbook pro.

** ducks again **

The monitor looks very nice. But in Xojo you can’t adjust the size of the IDE fonts. And for running the LG in Retina resolution the vertical resolution is way not enough.

What do you mean by IDE fonts? I can adjust the coding font.

Navigator, Inspector, Search, Debugger etc. where the font can’t be adjusted. Have to run my 2560xsomething monitor at 2000xsomething because I couldn’t read the text in the IDE.

i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they were adjustable… But I suspect it would be rather hard to do with the navigator (and don’t get me started on the navigator in general!!)

Many of us who are later in life I suspect would want that…

• Karen (who is tried of squinting with a 27" screen!!!)

Ive an app that creates a picture the size of screen(0)… its failing on a 1920 ‘pixel’ 4K retina machine…is that likely to be running out of memory ? (32bit)

[quote=232097:@Sam Rowlands]I just saw this video yesterday about 5K monitors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEjeVjq5irk

If I were considering buying a new monitor, I’d be looking for a 4K at least.[/quote]

I’ve got a 5k iMac at work yesterday. Sweet display! :slight_smile:

yeah I wish they’d do something about that… but then Apple needs to do the same with Xcode… I mean seriously, not being able to adjust some of those fonts is a problem if

a] you have a high resolution monitor
b] you have less than perfect eyesight
c] you have both A & B

New thread please. Don’t hijack.

Please add your points to <https://xojo.com/issue/38406>. Currently at rank 911.

I did

[quote=232112:@Joseph Claeys]Figures Norman would ask that question.
I have a 2010 Macbook Pro but I’m looking to update it when skylake hits.
[/quote]
Mines a 2012 so no lecture here :stuck_out_tongue:
BUT be aware the 2010 might not be capable of driving it so if you buy it you might HAVE to update

That’s a great question Norman. Hm.

It appears I’ll delay the monitor purchase too. I’m actually quite good and not buying things if it starts to seem complicated.