Mojave beta 7 problem with combobox

I just the latest mojave beta with my application using Xojo 2018r2 and i got the following problem with the combobox

this is running on Mac OSX high sierra

the next one is on Mojave beta

I’d say write a Feedback report for it. It might be an Apple bug, or something to do with Xojo’s implementation of it.

will make a small project and include the image above

There is no need to make a new bug: <https://xojo.com/issue/53034>

And it looks really weird.

[quote=401409:@Beatrix Willius]There is no need to make a new bug: <https://xojo.com/issue/53034>

And it looks really weird.[/quote]

i just add to that… according to norman, it happen on on osx 10.12.6 (maybe he mean 10.13.6)

My guess is that Norman reported from a 10.12.6 machine but the title say Mojave, so I think this only happen with Mojave.

i think so. at least it only happen on my mojave beta only

@ Richard:
You are an alpha tester so you should try it with the latest R3 alpha. :wink:

It’s the same with the latest alpha.

i have another post on the pre-release. since it happen on xojo 2018r2 too, i thought i better mention here too…

BTW - Mojave B7 is causing issues with Apple’s own apps - Motion and FCP X are both acting weird. This may be another Mojave issue …

[quote=401336:@Richard Duke]I just the latest mojave beta with my application using Xojo 2018r2 and i got the following problem with the combobox

this is running on Mac OSX high sierra

the next one is on Mojave beta

[/quote]
Also This happens to me with this beta 7.

On previous releases Controls suffer overlapping, and the labels got scrambled.
That Issue was fixed, but this issue already is on. :frowning:

The latest Mojave beta ( i think is 8) fix the problem with the cut off text in the drop down for the combobox

i notice the dropdown box got round corner on mojave beta and it greyish while on previous version of mac osx (high sierra) is white background and square corner instead of round corner

On Mac OSX 10.13.6

On Mac OSX 10.14 beta 8

Oh man, trying to be “Mojave ready” when some things broke or get fixed from beta to beta, must be very hard.

This is very true - AND they change things right up to the GM release that we don’t find out about until customers start complaining …

It’s like playing Russian Roulette with 5 chambers loaded some times.

This is what happens when you build software to an annual schedule. Many years ago, it used to take 18~24 months before a new version of the macOS was released, there was also a lengthy beta testing period, whereby the first beta was usually stable enough to use it for production. Now we get 4 months, with wildly varying stability. It’s becoming more popular to ignore macOS releases until version 10.x.3 or later, even for hardened fan boys.

It doens’t make sense to me as to why Apple would do such a foolish move and jeopardize their reputation, it’s not like they make money of the software?

As I recall, there were two teams. One for the odd releases and one for the evens. What I remember from those years was that bugs that would be fixed in an odd release would sometimes show back up when the even release came out because someone forgot to roll it over. Working with two “trunk” lines that release every other year is in many ways just as difficult as a single one that releases every year because you need dedicated team members to merge changes in the off years.