Modal WebContainer?

I have container controls that I show and hide with the visibility property.
However when a WebContainer is visible it isn’t modal.
Can it be made modal?

A WebContainer can’t be modal. Maybe you are thinking about a WebDialog?

Like Jay suggested, put the WebContainer in a WebDialog (as you would a WebPage) and show the dialog.

Thank you.

Are webdialogs limited in size? I see where the docs say webdialogs are small dialogs.
I am trying to quite a few fields to a webdialog and it’s not working very well

Create a transparent container locked to the page sides and adjust it’s zindex to a value greater than the page contents.
This will be the modal effect.

[quote=276429:@Alan Sawyer]Are webdialogs limited in size? I see where the docs say webdialogs are small dialogs.
I am trying to quite a few fields to a webdialog and it’s not working very well[/quote]

It should not be an issue to place many controls on top of a WebDialog. What are you trying to do and what “it’s not working very well” exactly ?

[quote=276436:@Maurizio Rossi]Create a transparent container locked to the page sides and adjust it’s zindex to a value greater than the page contents.
This will be the modal effects.[/quote]

That is not sufficient. Actually, a modal dialog is a window wide container semi transparent container which consumes clicks, with a Div on top.

I would not even bother putting a container on top of a dialog. I would use the dialog directly.

Very strange how this works fine on my side.
Maybe we are using different computer technologies…

[quote=276440:@Maurizio Rossi]Very strange how this works fine on my side.
Maybe we are using different computer technologies…[/quote]

The thing is zOrder will indeed make the WebContainer “floating”, but not modal, because if you have a clickable control in the area around the container, the user can still click on it and do stuff. Real modal prevents that.

Yes, your ordinateur works different than my computer

Whatever. As long as you are content with your stuff.

HOWEVER, because I don’t like being treated as an idiot French with my ordinateur as you did, for all who are genuinely interested in choices, here is a small project that demonstrates the difference between a floating container control with the highest zIndex, and a true modal dialog.

When the floating webcontainer is displayed, one can click on the “click” button and see the MsgBox. When the WebDialog is displayed with its shadow overlay on the window, the click button becomes impossible to access. That is true modal.

modalvsfloating.xojo_binary_project

Michel,

use this kind of comments to introduce yourself at 2016 XDC.
I’m sure you will get exactly what you deserve…

What’s your beef exactly ? You talk BS and since I pointed out why, you started it all. What you told the OP simply won’t work the way you say it would.

Good morning Michel,
please keep calm.

You are not a teenager so at your age you must have learned to be tolerant when someone else is expressing a different point of view.
Another thing that you must have acquired is a more articulate vocabulary: ignorant, BS and terms like these can be replaced with terms more appropriate to a technical forum.

Nobody else in this thread has commented on what was wrong or right.
I’ve started anything, only you started to beat me on what, in your opinion, is wrong without giving a reply to the question that started this thread.
I would prefer that you was pointing at what in my comment was incomplete:
the webcontainer must be locked on the 4 sided AND must be made as big as the page so it covers all of the page contents and resize like the containing page.

There is something in your behaviour that hardly can be tolerated: you think to be the judge of other user’s comments and this is something that other users have already pointed out.
When someone else is posting something that you don’t agree you must learn to stop to comment and stop to point out what in your opinion is wrong repeating this ad nauseam only to have the last word.

Nobody else is posting so much like you.
My opinion is that you must find something else to do, you are staying too much at your computer desk and in this forum.

Live and let live.

P.S.
In the case you are absolutely feeling the need to continue this way I’m returning to you the suggestion you was giving to me some weeks ago:
https://forum.xojo.com/32130-ignore-them/0

You have dragged that much too far for what its worth. Believe it or not, this is not about you, this is about providing a sensible solution to the OP.

[quote=276525:@Maurizio Rossi]the webcontainer must be locked on the 4 sided AND must be made as big as the page so it covers all of the page contents and resize like the containing page.
[/quote]

Finally…

Hey, I was simply checking if you was able to find what was the missing part and yes, YOU was unable to find it.

Finally!

You are just too fast at commenting my posts.
So Michel, be honest, you are loving me…

Take it offline, you two.

Bob was able to help me with my modal webpage vs webdialog problem. I didn’t realize that I could resize teh webdialog after I dropped it on my WebContainer, I just had to do it in the one that’s in my webcontainer.
All is good.

Thanks