missing controls for windows

hi,

what is the missing control for the windows plateform.

native listbox, what else ?

thanks,

grid control, date picker, good reporting tool

[quote=191765:@jean-paul devulder]hi,

thanks,[/quote]

I cannot really point another missing control per se, but the Xojo implementation of controls seems rather incomplete.

The major issue in Windows IMHO is the fact that Labels, GroupBox caption, Checkbox caption and Radiobuttons caption are not transparent, but take the color of the background. Native controls in VB can be made any color including transparent, and even receive background pictures. Buttons too could benefit from being native, with the same properties. Especially when one wants to place buttons over a picture.

Another feature that VB had for years is the autoSize property, which lets a control width increase as text grows. That is available for labels, buttons and TextFields. I am planning to add that in RubberViews eventually, but when the system provides it…

About TextFields, a very annoying bug that I suspect may not show in a native control is that when the mouse passes over it, even if it does not have focus, it catches the focus, and on top of it changes its z-order to appear on top of any control it is under. So for instance if you have a rectangle with a TextField under it, it will pop up over it. I have been told that one should not stack controls and that this was normal behavior, but it never showed that way in VB from way before I purchased Xojo, when it was still Win32.

Maybe all these annoyances do not require native controls and declares could suffice, but as you are asking, I guess this is the main issues I can think of that would merit attention.

[b]Sunil Abraham 1 hour ago Beta Testers, Xojo Pro

grid control, date picker, good reporting tool[/b]

[b]The major issue in Windows IMHO is the fact that Labels, GroupBox caption, Checkbox caption and Radiobuttons caption are not transparent, but take the color of the background. Native controls in VB can be made any color including transparent, and even receive background pictures. Buttons too could benefit from being native, with the same properties. Especially when one wants to place buttons over a picture.

Another feature that VB had for years is the autoSize property, which lets a control width increase as text grows. That is available for labels, buttons and TextFields. I am planning to add that in RubberViews eventually, but when the system provides it…

About TextFields, a very annoying bug that I suspect may not show in a native control is that when the mouse passes over it, even if it does not have focus, it catches the focus, and on top of it changes its z-order to appear on top of any control it is under. So for instance if you have a rectangle with a TextField under it, it will pop up over it.[/b]

I agree with this 2 coments and another is chart control.

toolbar ?

@jean-paul devulder Is there any plans to develop these components as you have done for mac

[quote=191765:@jean-paul devulder]hi,

thanks,[/quote]

Native Date/Time Controls/Pickers

Native controls with appearance customization support. For example:

• PushButton with Icon
  • TabPanel with icons
  • Controls without the focus rectangle
  • Multiline Edit Control (it’s just a matter of changing style flag on creation of the control)