migrating my xojo code from Windows to Mac

Hi,

I purchased an iMac and started to transfer my xojo source code (Windows) to Mac via copy/paste. Now, I open my xojo app and it pop up that there a lot of file missing. I noticed that IMAC has no DRIVE LETTER in which my xojo is referencing some file.

Please help me how to conveniently migrate my xojo source code to my new iMac.

when you open the project, xojo opens a dialog where it tells you about problems
check all boxes, then clic “resolve”
xojo will ask you for the locations of all the files that are missing.

Thanks jean.

Is there any other option where I can manually edit the folder replacement? Got a hardtime locating dependency .

Which format do you use? Text or external items?

You could use Arbed from Thomas Tempelman to collect all project items into one file if you use external items.

What I found is even between 2 different Mac is that Xojo needs to have the same path after the username. Harddisk name and username don’t matter but everything after needs to be the same.

I never do like this. Copy your whole projects (with external items) in a Memory Stick (or external HD), then copy them into your iMac hard disk.
From there, load a project at a time and follow the instructions (it may ask you for a code, locate external files, etc.);, then compile the project.

You may also have to put between Target commands specific Windows Declare or Code.

Ask for more if the above is not enough.

[quote=369962:@ronaldo florendo]Hi,

I purchased an iMac and started to transfer my xojo source code (Windows) to Mac via copy/paste. Now, I open my xojo app and it pop up that there a lot of file missing. I noticed that IMAC has no DRIVE LETTER in which my xojo is referencing some file.

Please help me how to conveniently migrate my xojo source code to my new iMac.[/quote]
Why are you using copy & Paste? Just transfer the project to your mac and open it in Xojo there.

When copying projects with external items to another machine, use File->Collect Project Items. This will put everything needed for the project into a single folder which you can then copy to the Mac.