This is starting bad from the beginning: I had hard time to write a subject line.
In an application, I have a splash screen * that also ask for a password. All is fine until yesterday when I started to work on a alreadin existing Stats window to improve it. So I start/quit the application pretty extensively and at last started to use the menu item shotcut until I realized that it worked on my splash screen window !
This was on OS X and in the IDE. I just checked the compiled Windows (XP) application and it behave the same.
Nota: the window does not belongs to the MenuBar (I removed it in the MenuBar / Window Property).
that is: no menu available at the window’s top on Windows XP [MenuBar appears on OS X].
BTW: there is only one visible window when the splash screen is displayed. If the password is correct, the main window is displayed. Windows XP / OS X.
I prefer to get all platforms working fine, but the client is only using it on Windows XP.
Every idea will be checked asap.
- The Splash screen originally displayed the client logo, address, name of the application and statistics on the used database (# of Records, total # of records and two different # of Records, data base file name and date / hour of the latest change in the data base file [SQLite]).
I added the password field / buttons there, naturally.