MBS Xojo Conference in Berlin 2017

Please check your hotel booking.

Do you need a room?

If you didn’t book through the hotel directly, but with other website, please make sure they correctly provide invoice with VAT. Because some booking sites do not provide correct invoices and so you can’t reclaim VAT. So a cheaper price without reclaimable VAT can be more expensive than another rate where you get VAT back.

Please note that Berlin charges a 5% hotel tax.
But you can declare the trip in the hotel using a form to be business related and than you don’t need to pay that tax.

see
http://www.berlin.de/sen/finanzen/steuern/informationen-fuer-steuerzahler-/steuer-abc/information-berlin-hotel-occupancy-tax-150351.en.php

[quote=309543:@Christian Schmitz]Please note that Berlin charges a 5% hotel tax.
But you can declare the trip in the hotel using a form to be business related and than you don’t need to pay that tax.

see
http://www.berlin.de/sen/finanzen/steuern/informationen-fuer-steuerzahler-/steuer-abc/information-berlin-hotel-occupancy-tax-150351.en.php[/quote]
The PDFs are in German. For those of us that don’t read or write German, can the forms be completed and submitted while at the hotel? If so, will you and/or the hotel staff provide guidance?

@Frederick Roller : Yes, and I am sure all german-speaking dudes will help you out in case the hotel doesn’t have any forms in english.

eyrolling about german officials and how narrow minded they can be

[quote=309584:@Tomas Jakobs]@Frederick Roller : Yes, and I am sure all german-speaking dudes will help you out in case the hotel doesn’t have any forms in english.

eyrolling about german officials and how narrow minded they can be[/quote]
Thanks Tomas!

I just applied the tax exemption to all attendees.

If you didn’t book through the conference rate, you may need to tell the hotel yourself that you belong to the conference.

Thanks Christian!

Again @Christian Schmitz has gone above. Thanks!

Scott, do you want to join us?
Fred comes with a few others and maybe you can join the group?

Björn Eiriksson will join us. :slight_smile:

Now 70 attendees on the list!

My neighbor, she organizes events professionally, always says 30% will be last minute. So, still a chance I am getting right.

Last week for early bird offer. Please join soon.
Hotel room contingent expires also on the weekend.

… and in the meantime. A funny language training exercise :wink: enjoy!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/maximilianzender/fliegenfliegenfliegennnach?utm_term=.hbqZDMD2e#.gf3GzxzkY

…the 1st is the best one :wink:

Please note: The conference is in English.

Speaking German is not required for visiting Germany!
You can get around very well with English.

The only words in German that I know are Abbruch, Papierkorb and Fataler fehler im GEMDOS - System angehalten (I remember them from the Atari TT operating system) – so I quietly hope I can survive there with English only :wink:

With Berlin so close to the border an a million Polish people living in Germany, I would even expect that you find a few people speaking Polish.

Jrmie Leroy will present on iOS:

Designing and optimising iOS apps
Simulating a throttled network, improving design, automatic crash reports and more…

16th country is Denmark.

Early bird pricing ends today.