MBS SQLServer libtdsodbc.dylib Error

I’m trying to get my mac-compiled version to connect to an MS SQL Server database using the MBS plugin. I get this error on DB.Connect:

00000 [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({/…/libtdsodbc.dylib}, 6): image not foundIM003 [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
rc != SQL_SUCCESS
00000 [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({…/libtdsodbc.dylib}, 6): image not found

The file is where it is supposed to be. When I try to connected using the iODBC Administrator app, I get this error from the OS:

“libtdsodbc.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

and then this from iODBC:

IM003 [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded

Clearly, they are related. Whats the best way around this?

It could be that libtdsodbc.dylib is not code signed.

If you can’t get a code signed version (preferable) you could possibly remove the quarantine flag.

Run xattr pathto/libtdsodbc.dylib in Terminal and if it lists something like com.apple.quarantine you need to remove the quarantine flag via:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine pathto/libtdsodbc.dylib

1 Like

if you download a copy from my website, I may not have notarized it.
In that case use xattr -cr to clean the folder.

i did get it from your website. I’ll hit it with the terminal and see what happens.

Well, I cleared the quarantine flags and I’m still getting the same errors from the app and iODBC.

FWIW, i’m on OS X 10.15.7 and XOJO 2021R3.1

OK… so Gate Keeper isn’t fussing anymore, and iODBC Administrator can use and configure the FreeTDS driver. BUT… i am still getting this error from my app upon DB.Connect:

00000 [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({…/libtdsodbc.0.dylib}, 6): image not foundIM003 [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
rc != SQL_SUCCESS
00000 [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({…/libtdsodbc.0.dylib}, 6): image not found

The file is definitely at the proper location - and I’ve confirmed in the debugger that the app can find it to.

any ideas anyone?