MBS ChartDirector Browser Memory Usage

Dear All,

An MBS ChartDirector chart on a Web page draws a data set of 600 elements (10 minutes worth of data once per sec). Any of the browsers I tried use huge amounts of memory after some time displaying the chart, eventually grinding to a halt.

Is there a way around this?
thanks!

Not sure how we could mark the pictures to be not cached.

Headers?

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate Pragma: no-cache Expires: 0

Yes, but how to put that to a WebPicture?

I added HTML headers for this, in the HTMLHeader property of Webapp:

Those headers are visible in the “view source” for the webapp in question. Still the browser (any) keeps eating up memory as long as the chart is updated, so I guess this isn’t it…

thanks

[quote=273075:@Shant Khatcherian]I added HTML headers for this, in the HTMLHeader property of Webapp:

Those headers are visible in the “view source” for the webapp in question. Still the browser (any) keeps eating up memory as long as the chart is updated, so I guess this isn’t it…

thanks[/quote]
I’m not surprised, meta headers won’t affect the picture :confused:

Do you serve it or do you let Xojo serve it?

Observations, might be helpful?

1: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera on Windows: All run out of memory when viewing the updating MBS ChartDirector chart

2: Firefox on Ubuntu: Runs out of memory twice as fast as on Windows

3: Chrome on Android, Blackberry 10 browser: Do NOT run out of memory !

So what could be different on the mobile browsers that avoids this problem?

Cheers

It would be more helpful to know how you are displaying the image on the page. WebImageView? webCanvas? Something you created with the WebSDK? 3rd party control?

the image is generated by the MBS ChartDirector plugin, which outputs an image and then the image is shown as a WebPicture. Maybe Christian can add more information that matters?

thanks!

ChartDirector makes a picture.
You probably assign it to a WebImageView.
This generates a WebPicture for you. Or you ask ChartDirector for JPEG directly and put that in a WebPicture yourself.

Anyway, the picture is sent to the browser.
Xojo could offer a feature to make WebPicture to be not cached.

Hi all,

here’s a very simple project that proves the point; a continuously updating ImageView on a Webpage. Open this in any browser and it will run out of memory pretty soon.

http://www.kerrigantech.com/temp/ImageView_Test.xojo_binary_project.zip

Is this a bug in Xojo or all Web browsers out there?

Just checking, if anyone can see this if this is a bug and needs a Feedback case?

This affects any web application that has graphics with a Web ImagevIew refreshing, including MBS ChartDirector plugin.

cheers

Without a feedback case Xojo will not check it.

And maybe also a feature request to make WebPicture objects to be marked for the browser not to be cached.

I mean optionally marked. Default should be cached.