Maximize a window properly

It seems that with this new release of Xojo the Fullscreen property has been removed from the inspector. At least I believe so.

I have suddenly had problems with the sizing of my app. I programmed my window to maximize in the open event using:
me.FullScreen = false
me.Maximize

I had this with fullscreen enabled. Now I have tried to programmatically set this property with this code:
me.FullScreen = false
me.FullScreen = false
me.Maximize

It does not seem to size properly. How can I automatically maximize my window in XOJO.

Thanks

First off, let’s clear up a bit of confusion between FullScreen and Maximize. When a window is maximized it will still have the title bar and control buttons at the top. This is what you get when clicking the maximize button. FullScreen, on the other hand, lets the window actually fill the entire screen, showing the window’s menubar if there is one but not showing the title bar or window control buttons. Similarly, maximized windows still (on Windows) show the Windows Bar at the bottom of the screen while FullScreen mode hides that also.

So with that in mind, what do you mean when you say the window is not sizing properly? If you are expecting FullScreen mode when you code me.maximize then it will not be what you are expecting. So what are you expecting and what are you getting? And what OS and Xojo version are you running?

That distinction is a Mac concept, so it may not apply. Maximize works for me on Win 7, 2014r2.

[quote=111844:@Dale Arends]First off, let’s clear up a bit of confusion between FullScreen and Maximize. When a window is maximized it will still have the title bar and control buttons at the top. This is what you get when clicking the maximize button. FullScreen, on the other hand, lets the window actually fill the entire screen, showing the window’s menubar if there is one but not showing the title bar or window control buttons. Similarly, maximized windows still (on Windows) show the Windows Bar at the bottom of the screen while FullScreen mode hides that also.

So with that in mind, what do you mean when you say the window is not sizing properly? If you are expecting FullScreen mode when you code me.maximize then it will not be what you are expecting. So what are you expecting and what are you getting? And what OS and Xojo version are you running?[/quote]
Thanks for informing me. But there is no confusion in the difference between the two. I just have used as a workaround for a bug in Xojo (I believe it was a bug in Xojo anyway).

Thanks anyway

Have you set Full-screen button to YES in the IDE ?

Yes. Thanks

Have you tried placing

WindowName.FullScreen = true

in the Window Open event? :wink:

You cannot use Maximize and FullScreen together or they will conflict. What bug are you seeing?

[quote=111861:@Matthew Combatti]Have you tried placing

WindowName.FullScreen = true

in the Window Open event? ;-)[/quote]
Yes. My problem is the window gets sized too big which is incorrect. The use of fullscreen and maximize together are a workaround for a bug.

I have tried me.fullscreen = true in the open event of a window which references the window.

Thanks

I just want to know how to maximize a window properely?

Thanks

OSX you can try

me.top = 44
me.left = 0
me.Width = Screen(0).AvailableWidth
me.Height = Screen(0).AvailableHeight  - 23  // - dock height

the problem could be the dock height, everyone has a different height.

normally me.maximize should work.

[quote=112180:@Axel Schneider]OSX you can try

me.top = 44
me.left = 0
me.Width = Screen(0).AvailableWidth
me.Height = Screen(0).AvailableHeight  - 23  // - dock height

the problem could be the dock height, everyone has a different height.

normally me.maximize should work.[/quote]
I forget to mention that I use Windows.

Thanks though.