MAS Review Rejection

[quote=109788:@Norman Palardy]Roger Clary
So if I understand, any app built with Xojo 2014r2 will be rejected by the MAS.

Norman Palardy
For the moment (if you’re using RegEx).[/quote]

So Norman, the rejections do not impact apps that make no use of Regex, right ?

As far as I know only ones using regex experience this
And we’ll be fixing this

[quote=109811:@Norman Palardy]As far as I know only ones using regex experience this
And we’ll be fixing this[/quote]

Great. Thank you.

Hi Norman

That mean i can rebuild my application using Xojo 2.1 and the problem will be solved?

thanks for replay

Alan

When its ready that is certainly the intent
2.1 is being beta tested so

Sorry Norman but my mistake:
i wrote Xojo 2.1 but really the question is :

If i rebuild with Xojo 2014 1.1 problem will be solved as the first time MAS did not reject it?

thanks

Xojo 2014r2 is the only version affected by this specific rejection. 2014r1.1 continues to function and the applications are not being rejected from the Mac App Store.

Hi Joe

Got it !!!

Many thanks

Today I got rejection from MAS for the same reason, yet I myself do not make any regex call; maybe macoxLibrary does it for me somewhere. So I’m submitting using 2014v1.

In the rejection notice Apple mention using the ‘Command Line Tool search and o’tool’ to output a list.

I can not find anything about that. Search on Apple’s devlop and download it and installed it but then I can’t find it on my computer. I’m totally confused.

Help!

Open terminal
search and otool are only usable in a terminal window

Thanks Norman.

First “I hate terminal” (commend line stuff), It’s so easy to screw up your system.

I thought that if I enter: Help otool, it would list a help for the command. That did not work. Tried: otool, and it listed out what look like a ‘help’ list. Now to figure out whats what.

It’s “man otool”. Then try "otool " + drag your app into the terminal window.

Thanks Beatrix.

That helped, but not enough. I got the help info but that did not help.

It seems that this is not the case. I just received the same rejection from the MAS as above…

[quote]The use of non-public APIs can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change in the future, and is therefore not permitted. The following non-public APIs are included in your application:

framework: ‘/usr/lib/libpcre.0.dylib’

+++ : pcre_compile
+++ : pcre_exec
+++ : pcre_free
+++ : pcre_free_substring_list
+++ : pcre_get_substring
+++ : pcre_get_substring_list
+++ : pcre_malloc
+++ : pcre_study[/quote]

I do not use RegEx (wouldn’t even know how), do not use FTC in this particular app, do not have, to the best of my knowledge, any other plugins or classes (MBS, for instance) which MIGHT call RegEx. I read above that I could go back to 2014r1 but will just wait for 2014r2.1 assuming it comes quickly.

MBS plugin has static linked libraries. I often check that with otool. and there are also tools for Windows and Linux like ldd on Linux.

Christian: Would you explain how to use otool.

in terminal, type "otool -l " and than drop an app or library file to the terminal window and press return.

e.g. like this:

otool -l /Users/cs/Desktop/Builds\ -\ TestTable.xojo_binary_project/Mac\ OS\ X\ \(Cocoa\ Intel\)/My\ Application.app/Contents/MacOS/My\ Application

Thanks Christian. Did not work for me. Here what I got:

[quote]Last login: Fri Jul 11 09:40:55 on ttys000
imac27:~ jim$ otool -L /Users/jim/Desktop/RVCareLogBook.app
error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool: can’t map file: /Users/jim/Desktop/RVCareLogBook.app (Invalid argument)
imac27:~ jim$
[/quote]

That’s because you didn’t drop the executable into the command, you dropped the .app package. You need to supply the binary found in RVCareLogBook.app/Contents/MacOS/