MAS Application Loader XojoFramework ERROR ITMS-90334: Bundle identifier mismatch

So after spending a lot of time yesterday and staying up late, I was unable to find anything in the signed application that referenced “com.xojo.framework”.

@Horst Jehle has also confirmed that attempting to resubmit yesterday, worked. So in my opinion this is either an issue with the file system (Don’t forget I had an issue where an empty language folder wasn’t being included and after repairing the disk it magically worked), or this is a an error at Apple’s end, which happens also.

After many testes with App Wrapper (using API), Terminal and a 3rd Party product, I could find no mention of the incorrect bundle identifier. My final test, was to use the terminal command grep -lr "com.xojo.framework" <pathtoappbundle>. On the unsigned version it highlighted 3 files (2 were symbolic links). However the wrapped version listed no files.

Either way, after many hours, I’m unable to find it and left not understanding how this can occur.

Sam, Why do you think that the bundle identifier is incorrect?

The bundle identifier (according to the XojoFramework’s plist) is “com.xojo.XojoFramework”, however the bundle identifier in the code signature (when you click on Build in Xojo) is “com.xojo.framework”. It doesn’t match the actual bundle identifier of the framework.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I am not blaming Xojo for this. I am simply trying to figure out what causes this problem. It comes and goes, and each time I am none the wiser. I have a list of conspiracy theories, that could be potential POF, one of them is that it’s storing the replaced code signature data somewhere and sharing that with Apple.

p.s. An incorrect bundle identifier will (currently) pass end user verification, however it doesn’t pass Apple’s server side verification. I realize it’s technically not an issue as we have to re-codesign the bundle anyway, but I thought that this should be fixed.

So in an attempt to gather some more data to solve this situation, I’ve modified the application diagnostics and added a “Verify” button to the Wrapping Window. This should help confirm if the wrapping was successful, so just before you submit to Apple, click the “Verify” button and make sure theres no code signing issues.

http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/appWrapper3update388.dmg