MacOS, upgrade xojo2017->2021App.Name Syntax Error

Hi there
I just upgradet my xojo from 2017r3 to 2021r3.

Run & build my App “EtatPlaner” with xojo 2017r3 works fine. With the new version 2021r3 I get the following errormessage after giving a “RUN” command:

EtatPlaner.Name Syntax Error EtatPlaner

Please find screenshoots of the parts:

→ I can not find the problem to solve. Do you have a hint what to do?

Thank you for your help

delete all the text (really all : select super field and hit cmd-tab then delete key)
and then re type the “etatplaner”

The subclass of Application needs to be named “App”

Dear Jean-Yves_Pochez

When you say delete all text (really all: …) You mean the field “Name” EtatPlaner in the ID-Window? If yes; I cant delete this I get the error “Project Item Names can not be blank”

Do you mean an other text?

Thanks for helping

Sorry; the proposals don’t help. Any other ideas?

Which project format do you use? For text and xml you could make a new empty project. Then peek into the app item if you see a difference to your app item.

If all else fails make a new project and copy everything except the app item into the new project. You then only need to copy the code from the App class into the new project. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Dear Beatrix

Thanks a lot fo your hint!!! This proposal solved the problem:

If all else fails make a new project and copy everything except the app item into the new project. You then only need to copy the code from the App class into the new project. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Thank you so much!! My application works again compieled with xojo2021R3.

All the best and thank you again.