Mac Xojo versus Windows Xojo

This what I liked:

I too have struggled with moving between Windows and Mac with external images, it became so frustrating that I no longer use pre-defined pictures in my projects. Either I load the external files in code or if I know these images will not need further modification I base64 encode them as String properties and then load them using Picture.FromData.

Wish I could offer any explanation for why the other stuff has gone missing though. That’s alarming but I can’t say I have ever experienced the same.

By default, autocomplete now works only for API 2.00. The example above of dim autocomplete no longer working is normal. Using Var instead produces autocomplete quite fine.

I remember reading in this forum how to reinstate autocomplete for API 1.00 with most recent versions of the IDE, but I could not locate that back. Perhaps another forum member has bookmarked it.

It is a shame that an importan thread it is now about images, and easily offended people. Anyway, for the important thing, the corruption of the proyect, If you have different Xojo editions. NEVER save the project with a version earlier than the last one you used to save it last time.

Yes it is some how expected behavior, I had some encounters with this version incompatibilities in the past way before API2, now is even worst.

-Did you had any warning when oppenin or saving the proyect?
-Could you post the versions of the 2 IDEs?

Also, you could make some tests, open a version befor the Windows changes, try to open and save the proyect again with the same version as you did in Windows, check if the errors ocurs, do it also on mac.

It looks like some update/upgrade of controls. I guess different versions of Xojo.

It will work for API 1 if teh project was originally created in a pre API 2 IDE.

-karen

Are you sure ?

I wanted to test that, but I get a crash when I typed Text (the loaded project was created and modified in the year 2016 - with Xojo 2015r1, certainly).

For the test, I used Xojo 2022r1.1 / Monterey 12.5.

I think I will have to force quit Xojo…

Different version of the same project, same year, a click in Report now leads to an infinite loop too…

Force Quit !

It works that way for me. As long as I don’t do a “Save As” It will autocomplete both API 1 & 2… The deprecated API 1 stuff shows up in red in the autocomplete menu, but you can select it.

These are projects originally saved with 2019r1.1

-Karen