Mac Store Rejection

Loving using Xojo and just finished redesigning a software package from many years ago on Mac using Xojo. Submitted the app on the Mac Store and after 6 days it got rejected. Then rejected six days later for the same thing.

I ran the app through AppWrapper 3 and it came up clean and good to go with respect to operation and sandboxing, as far as I could tell. The app only reads and writes to its own container location. When submitting to the App Store I indicated in the sandboxing prompt what it did, then on the second attempt removed this. The rejection message is below. Just wondering if this is familiar to anyone and what I may have either coded wrongly or indicated wrongly in the store application process.

I have contacted Apple technical support and they have indicated it has a “technical issue” and will assist me after the holiday today.

Message received: (it doesn’t use any of these locations)

This app uses one or more entitlements which do not have matching functionality within the app. Apps should have only the minimum set of entitlements necessary for the app to function properly. Please remove all entitlements that are not needed by your app and submit an updated binary for review, including the following:

com.apple.security.assets.movies.read-write
com.apple.security.assets.music.read-write
com.apple.security.assets.pictures.read-write
com.apple.security.files.downloads.read-write

So, do you actually need all of those entitlements? And do they need to be read/write?

Set App Wrapper 3 in the Capabilities up like this:

Activate only the marked capability and try it again.

PS: Outgoing connections are also not needed (i assume). But my App needs is. :wink:

Thanks for the replies … Yes in AppWrapper that’s what I had it set to. The app actually only reads and writes to its own sandboxed container. It does allow the user to open image files using a dialog box, but aside from that it only saves within its own container folders. Bit of a pain as I actually wanted to say in the users documents folder, but it’s not a big deal. That’s what threw me with the App Store rejection. But the first time I submitted it, I didn’t indicate it used those securities, so the rejection notice stated I should. So on the second attempt, I did list them, and then got the reverse rejection.

I’m hoping an actual person at Apple can provide me with an answer!

Hopefully once I’ve gone through this once any future app uploads won’t be as painful!

[quote=189571:@Sascha S]Set App Wrapper 3 in the Capabilities up like this:

Activate only the marked capability and try it again.

PS: Outgoing connections are also not needed (i assume). But my App needs is. ;)[/quote]

Set it like in the Screen and add NO info in the sandboxing field in iTunes connect. This is NOT needed in your case. :wink:

OK cool. I’ll give that a go tonight when I get home from work. Thank you.