MAC 64 Bit Target

I cant create a MAC 64 bit application. When I select 64 bit for MAC, the Build button turns gray.
Any clue what I am doing wrong?
I develop on Windows 10 64 Bit, and can only create 32 Bit applications for MAC.

What Xojo version?

The latest available, 2019r1

http://documentation.xojo.com/topics/application_structure/coding_guidelines_for_64-bit_apps.html

Crap, the website itself is very misleading regarding that. That was the only reason I purchased it. So I would need to install it also on the MAC in order to compile my project? Can I run both Windows and MAC Xojo with the same license?

Which version did you purchase?

I purchased the Desktop version for $299, 2019r1.

Yes, you are able to run that on 3 separate machines (mac/win/linux) as long as its only you using them.

Thanks, just tested it and it works fine. I will then develop on Windows and can just recompile it on Mac if needed.

I think the $299 Desktop License only permits 2 activations (this is what I currently have). The more expensive Pro license allows for 3 computers.

This is mentioned on the License page, linked from the main Download page.

I hope that helps to keep things clear.

I did not know that as I usually (but not always) use Xojo on a Mac and compile for both Mac and Windows from there …

That will be a real issue for Windows users once the Mac OS won’t run 32 bit apps… and I don’t know how they will deal with that with Joe gone.

It seemed to me Xojo was trying to shed it’s image of treating Windows as a second class citizen… That does not help!

• Karen