Kem Tekinay of MacTechnologies Consulting is pleased to release M_Crypto v.2.8, an update to the free encryption and hashing module.
This version improves performance of the encryption classes slightly, and the Scrypt hash dramatically. Behind the scenes it now uses
MemoryBlock (and other API2 classes) instead of the older
The full release notes:
- Converted from
- Started using some API2 calls.
- Improved AES performance slightly.
- Improved Scrypt performance dramatically (5X!).
- Improved Bcrypt performance slightly.
- Improved Blowfish performance slightly.
- General code clean-up.
- Improved SHA code.
- Streaming encryption can be ended with an empty string when
M_Crypto is a free, open-source project that implements AES and Blowfish encryption, SHA2 and SHA3 digests, and Scrypt and Bcrypt hashes. It is available on GitHub at :