Loss of carriage returns on webbutton

Hi
I just made this webapp and deployed it on xojocloud .

As you can see all the text is on one single line wich is extremely annoying, I don’t know why it becomes like this. When I test it here it works fine, but when I deploy it “loses the carriage returns” I tried with both chr(13) and then with Endofline. No difference.

Also the background is all white, when in reality it should be gradient blue.

Any help? thanks

The startup button is showing multi-line here.

The blue gradient is a mystery because there’s nothing on the DOM that says it should be gradient. Where would it get this quality? Did you set a background image? Did you use a WebStyle?

For us to help you, you must tell us what you’ve tried so we can attempt to figure out what went wrong.

I dont get the multilines neither on windows IE & chrome nor on Android chrome.
And yes I used a webstyle for the background. It should be gradient blue starting dark from the bottom to white at the top.

What could be the problem ?

It looks like you can’t use new lines in IE with <input type="button">
It’s an IE problem, not a Xojo one - not much you can really do for that without switching it to another control.
A WebLabel should work out.

Which style do you think you set as blue?
StyleBack is grey to white and is showing just fine in Safari (now that I look at it)

Once uploaded to the cloud It seems it depends on the browser even tho the local version is perfect.
I’m getting different results depending on the browser.

On Firefox is perfect.
On Chrome there are the issues mentioned above.
On Iphone the button has an oval shape ! kind of unpredictable as fuck

I’ll focus on Chrome because it’s the most used browser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

[quote=263742:@Tim Parnell]
StyleBack is grey to white and is showing just fine in Safari (now that I look at it)[/quote]

are you able to see my code ?

Anything that the browser uses to process anyone can see. Things like CSS and the actual HTML that make up the page are visible with browser debug tools. Server-side code cannot be seen, but WebStyles come through in the CSS with the name you use. It’s useful for if you need to do complex CSS overrides.

I’m going to recommend you don’t use a button for this, as each browser renders buttons differently. If you style a WebLabel with a border and a background you should have a much more consistent result.

[quote=263876:@Tim Parnell]

I’m going to recommend you don’t use a button for this, as each browser renders buttons differently. If you style a WebLabel with a border and a background you should have a much more consistent result.[/quote]

Thanks !