Locking external components...

I have a project that has several applications with several ‘shared’ classes. I want to make those classes external, and editing the original (external file) will update all applications using them at once. This is currently possible with Xojo, but what I’m afraid of happening is in the future I’ll forget (or not pay attention to) the fact that they are external components and I don’t want to be able to edit them within the applications themselves. Is there a setting somewhere, or other method, to keep external classes/components from being edited from within an application if it’s currently an ‘external’ component (leaving the only option to open the class/component itself and edit it that way)?

I hope I explained this clearly, and haven’t confused anybody. Appreciate the help…

To be able to make changes to the external file in another instance of Xojo, and then be able to go back to your already opened applications and right-click the external component and be able to ‘reload’ or ‘refresh’ sure would be nice too…

You can lock it from editing.

Right click on the external item and encrypt it with a password. That will only allow you to edit it by supplying the password.