Localized String on Ubuntu server does not work

Somehow after deploying on the server the localized strings don’t translate.
I develop in English on Mac and test the webapp on Mac. There it picks up the browser lang setting (Dutch in this case) and displays the Dutch selection of the string translations. As expected.
When building and FTPed to the server. (including the Resource folder) the app will only display the default label not the one for the browser language (nl).
I checked all access rights on the folders and files. They are OK and images in Resources are displayed properly.
/app-name Resources/nl.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/localizable.mo is present and accessible.
How can I find out what is wrong?

First, make a simple project that shows you Session.LanguageCode just to make sure the localization code is being received correctly.

Thanks, Greg. I already had done so. This is the ref label text:
accounting1 . Alpha . 2023-03-29 . nl
And I also do my own database based text’s using on Session.LanguageCode and they work fine.

I also checked the server char set UFT-8. Also ensured that Apache is using UTF-8.
Is there more documentation on how it should work on Ubuntu server?
Can it be that a mechanism is used what is no longer supported by browsers?

Setting up localization in a web app should work the same as a desktop app.
M

1. Make a String Constant
  2. Add languages
  3. Set Dynamic flag in the inspector
  4. Run

No. If you’re getting the LanguageCode, the browser is working just fine.

Two questions:

1. What version of Xojo are you using
  2. Is Ubuntu running on Intel or ARM?

I’m (for this project) still use Xojo 2019R2.1
Ubuntu is running Intel 64bit. Version:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

And the Dynamic flag is set on your localized constants?

Sure.
And it works fine when run on the mac.

I made a small test app. Causing the same problem.

What I don’t understand is that I have no error reports.
The ‘test Resources’ files should be found by the app because the ‘test Lib’ is found and causes no errors. (This would happen if there is an access problem.)

The same app compiled by the current 2023 version works fine (on another server running Nginx).

Some setting must be wrong. But I’m complete in the dark what the executable is expecting, however. And thus what could be wrong. I’m sure it was working before. It looks like an upgrade or update changed something unexpected. But what?

It is a bug in Xojo. Version 2019r1.1 compiled works fine. The current version (2023) works fine.
I have to rebuild all apps anyway because the new web interface. Keeps me busy.