listbox horizontal scrollbar

I seem to be missing something, but i cant see how i get the weblistbox to allow horizontal scrolling

anyone know what the trick is?

Not sure of the answer exactly but have a look at the following:

link text

It might just point you in the right direction (not for weblistbox but for desktop listbox so I’m assuming a similar thing)

Just a thought

Cheers Nick,

it appears the weblistbox doesnt have the property

listbox.scrollbarhorizontal

i can only see listbox.scrollto and that looks live its vertical only !

I see what you mean…sorry I can’t help more but I will be checking this post for an answer as I can foresee this being a problem for me in the future!!

btw I have just played around with code from the above link which I use in my desktop app and removed the scrollbarhorizontal=true statements and the app does invoke horizontal scrollbars irrespective (which I have no idea as to why) but might be worth playing as I see there’s

ListColumn.WidthExpression
ListColumn.WidthActual

So…who knows
Good luck

Hi Russ,

A possible workaround is to put your web list box inside a container. Then set the horizontal size of the list box in code to something wider than the container. You then get a horizontal scrollbar. However, it’s not a perfect solution as you are scrolling the container not the list but depending on your requirements, it might do the job.

[quote=15391:@Russ Lunn]I seem to be missing something, but i cant see how i get the weblistbox to allow horizontal scrolling

anyone know what the trick is?[/quote]

I created a small project with a 10 columns WebListbox each wide enough so the total is wider than the control (important), and placed this :

Sub Open() for i as integer = 0 to 20 me.addrow(str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i),str(i)) next End Sub

An horizontal scrollbar is displayed, and it does scroll with the magic mouse right and left swipe, or by clicking on the arrows or moving the knob …