ListBox-Coloring a double clicked cell and keep it colored.

Please save me, the whole ListBox cell color drawing concept is beyond my perception ability Haha, I just can’t get its damn logic (Sorry)
I’ve put this code in the ListBox.CellBackgroundPaint

If Dclicked Then Select Case Row Case Me.SelectedRowIndex g.AntiAlias = False g.ForeColor = RGB(0, 255, 0, 150) g.FillRectangle(0, 0, g.Width, g.Height) End Select Dclicked = False Return True End If
While in the ListBox.DoubleClick event I just send:Dclicked = True
It works nice to color the clicked cell the moment I double click it but as soon as I move the to another cell it reset the color to its previous state.
I also have the odd-even row coloring thing in the CellBackgroundPaint but I don’t think it matters or changes anything.
When I finally get it to work I will also like to reset the colors every time I clear the list or when I re-populate the list but I’m not there yet;)

this changes the value of ME.SELECTEDROWINDEX, what you need to do is use DCLICKED to hold the ROW number you doubleclicked , not just the fact that you did (and don’t reset it inside the paint event otherwise the same result will occur

Thanks @Dave S but unfortunately I’m so lost in the ListBox and color drawing concept that I just can’t point myself to the right command that should be used to specify a location in the list box for the g.FillRectangle to create the color drawing.
From your words I understand I should change the DCLICKED Var to Integer and use it for both checking if it was clicked (if DCLICKED > 0) and to hold the clicked row number: DCLICKED = Me.SelectedRowIndex but that as far as I can get with my limited understanding in list box handling.

g.AntiAlias = False
If row=Dclicked Then
    g.ForeColor = RGB(0, 255, 0, 150)
else
     g.forecolor=color.white // NOT the dbl clicked row
end if
 g.FillRectangle(0, 0, g.Width, g.Height)
  Return True
End If

The explanation is there:

http://documentation.xojo.com/api/deprecated/listbox.html
below the Colors paragraph.

Basically, you have to keep track of the Cell you want to color, then color it.

So, in CellTag, you place a color, and in CellBackgroundPaint, you draw the Cell using that color (if CellTag have a Color) for that Cell.

Is-it clear now ?

[quote=467743:@Dave S] g.AntiAlias = False If row=Dclicked Then g.ForeColor = RGB(0, 255, 0, 150) else g.forecolor=color.white // NOT the dbl clicked row end if g.FillRectangle(0, 0, g.Width, g.Height) Return True End If [/quote]
I’m Amazed!
It works and still I have zero idea how although the answer is right in front of me, so frustrating, I have to learn how it works.
Many thanks Dave, I hope I’ll be able to reset the colors when I re-populate the list without bothering you once again :slight_smile:

[quote=467744:@Emile Schwarz]The explanation is there:

http://documentation.xojo.com/api/deprecated/listbox.html
below the Colors paragraph.

Basically, you have to keep track of the Cell you want to color, then color it.

So, in CellTag, you place a color, and in CellBackgroundPaint, you draw the Cell using that color (if CellTag have a Color) for that Cell.

Is-it clear now ?[/quote]
That could have been nice if it wasn’t already occupied with a much more important information for later use FolderItem(i).NativePath :slight_smile:

The idea comes from: ListBox (deprecated) — Xojo documentation .

Put that in RowTag (or elsewhere, an array for example).

[quote=467749:@Emile Schwarz]The idea comes from: http://documentation.xojo.com/api/deprecated/listbox.html#listbox-cellbackgroundpaint .

Put that in RowTag (or elsewhere, an array for example).[/quote]
Umm, you have a point here… I might try that, that way I can reset all colors easily.

Sagi… the colors should reset the next time you doubleclick another cell… authomatically

Ahhh nope, it adds another colored row for each double click and that is exactly what I wanted :slight_smile: