Linux compiled Application not starting on Debian Jessie, Raspberry Pi 2 B

Hi there when I heard that xojo now support raspberry pi I bought a v2 b model e mediately to do some testing.
This is great!

Unfortunately I cannot run an app I have compiled for the arm platform.

I have installed the noobs version which comes with Debian Jessie

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

I then compiled on my windows pc the sample project of eddies electronics and chose arm linux support.

I copied the files to including all libs folders to an usb drive an copied them in my development folder of the raspberry pi

When I double click the executable on the raspberry pi nothing happens. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Can’t wait to develop applications for the platform!

permissions - its probably not set as executable on the pi

Hi Norman I am just getting started with Linux. How do I set these permissions ? do I need to copy the application to a specific folder? Thank you.

ow wow I need to right click and set permission to execute by anyone. I got it now…I am just getting started with Linux!
OW man I love Xojo so much! (and the team!)

Dear Norman,

I got i working but now the application runs 1 milisec and it closes itself. I have set the permissions and also installed the webkit.
Do you have any ideas? Or any one else?

No idea
I dont have a pi or your project so I cant offer much advice

Hi Norman,

I just bought a Pi because Xojo claimed that it is supported. Overall I think it is great that Xojo builds will be supported but right now it is not working out of the box yet. Rasbian released a jessie release but I think i will head over to a previous release.
(Raspbian Wheezy)

currently the Pistore is dead on the Jessie release as well, so software installation needs to be installed all via the terminal (no pistore available)

I had the Eddie electronics sample working but now it is closing each time. Maybe it is because of the webkit i don’t know but I installed the webkit according the Xojo docs.

I hope there will be soon more documents availabe for running Xojo Software on the PI 2 because I really love the support for this platform. (possibilities are endless)

[quote=239072:@Pieter van den Bosch]Dear Norman,

I got i working but now the application runs 1 milisec and it closes itself. I have set the permissions and also installed the webkit.
Do you have any ideas? Or any one else?[/quote]

I haven’t looked into this yet, but you could install gdb, put a breakpoint on _exit, run the program, and examine the stack trace when it stops. The gdb commands to do this, in order:

I don’t really know what gdb is because I am just getting started with linux. Also remote debugging does not work yet so I doubt that a breakpoint could be set. (for arm Raspberry PI)

Anyway thanks for your help! Well appreciated! Hope anyone can do some testing

Are you using the HTMLViewer? It crashes on Jessie (feedback://showreport?report_id=41061).

Hi Paul Lefebvre,

First of all thank you for your contribution to the Raspberry Pi platform.

I think it is really innovative what you guys are doing here. I really liked your video’s and the blog about getting the gpio working.
Hope you will show us how to use a servo motor using Xojo and Raspberry pi :wink:

Anyway: I think that indeed the html viewer crashes. However, I got it working in the beginning without crashing untill I installed chromium I think.

You recommend going back to Raspbian Wheezy?

I just have two SD cards: one with Wheezy and one with Jessie.

Hi Paul,

You have a fix for Jessie or do I need to wait for the next Xojo build?

I do not have a fix for Jessie. Add feedback://showreport?report_id=41061 to your favorites to be notified of updates.

Hope this will be fixed soon

I saw that Xojo 4.1 was released. I don’t think this issue has been solved yet. Can someone send me a wheezie image instead of Jessie? So I can use the full functionality of Xojo? I bought the upgrade because of the linux raspberry pi support but now I cannot use the webbrowser. Would be great I can’t seem to find the wheezie image anywhere.

Thanks!

ok got the wheezie image. It is on the website again . thought this wasnt working. Thanks! hope this issue for jessie will be fixed soon!