Launching App on MAC App Store

Hi everyone,
I post this message to thank you all for your help and comments.
I have successfully launched my App “AZAY” onto the MAC App Store.

I did a demo of AZAY on a Xojo hang-out a while back, and the comments, questions, and feedback were very helpful to my understanding of what Apple would want and expect of a desktop App. I implemented all the changes and recommendations, so thank you very much to all the hang-out guys, and forum contributors. Apple accepted my App immediately, with no changes, just as I submitted it. This forum is a really valuable part of using Xojo, and being part of the community. Thanks also to Geoff and Dana at Xojo for their great support.

4 Likes

Good to hear, what changes did you make after your demo?

Hi Ian,
the changes were cosmetic mostly. Stop using Bevel buttons, change coloured buttons to B&W, used dropdown menus for some options, and made some choices look like ‘on/off buttons like in IOS’. I think I was already considering where the database should be held but it might have been from the feedback, I store it in special folders now.
There were only one or two suggestions I [stubbornly] did not change, and that’s fine as they were still accepted by Apple.
I suppose it was all about ‘fresh eyes’ seeing my App, and offering views of how it looks, this is always very helpful, and with developer friends in the hang-out the feedback is open and honest, very valuable indeed.
Great feedback and proves the value of supportive colleagues in the forum.

1 Like

Is there a version to test? The app looks interesting. But I’m not going to invest 40 bucks without testing.

Thank you Beatrix, I believe it is interesting to business managers who don’t fully understand Finance, and yet make decisions about their business. AZAY has the knowledge built in and algorithms to guide decision-making. But no, there is not a test version. I don’t know a way of providing a test App from the Appstore?

You can make an extra version with some features disabled and put that on your website.

You can create a more limited version of the program, functional but with for instance less classes or accounts. It cannot really be a demo, it has to be functional, but with less features.

Then in the Window menu, an item “Get the full version” will point to the present full features version.

I use such a scheme in the MAS.