Language Reference

I can no longer get the Language Reference help to work. It appears corrupted. I reinstalled Xojo 2016r2 to no avail. When I choose F1 or right-click for help or use the Help menu, the result is always that a window supposedly opens – I can see it when I Alt-tab – but nada. It’s just a titlebar.

Using Windows 10. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Yes:
quit Xojo,
delete the LR db in the Xojo folder (to be located in Windows 10),
run Xojo and check with the LR.

If this does not works, redo, clears the Xojo Cache, download a brand new Xojo from their web site and re-install it.

Otherwise, I do not know (for Windows; for OS X, I would say to run the Disk Utils application…) :frowning:

Mine did that too. I THINK I remember just clicking on a corner and dragging the window bigger. But my memory may be faulty.

[quote=281280:@Emile Schwarz]Yes:
quit Xojo,
delete the LR db in the Xojo folder (to be located in Windows 10),
run Xojo and check with the LR.

If this does not works, redo, clears the Xojo Cache, download a brand new Xojo from their web site and re-install it.

Otherwise, I do not know (for Windows; for OS X, I would say to run the Disk Utils application…) :([/quote]

So far, no luck. I just updated to release 2.1 out today. The problem still exists.

I haven’t tried clearing the cache yet. I guess that’s next.

There’s no corner to grab. I can’t see the window, only that it seems to exist if I alt-tab.

You can always access the online LR at

http://documentation.xojo.com/ for classic framework and http://developer.xojo.com/home for the new framework.

[quote=281278:@Mark Jordan]I can no longer get the Language Reference help to work. It appears corrupted. I reinstalled Xojo 2016r2 to no avail. When I choose F1 or right-click for help or use the Help menu, the result is always that a window supposedly opens – I can see it when I Alt-tab – but nada. It’s just a titlebar.

Using Windows 10. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?[/quote]

Open RegEdit on Windows and see what, if any, values there are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Xojo > Xojo for
Language Reference Left, Language Reference Top, Language Reference Width, Language Reference Height

Fixed it … and it wasn’t a Xojo problem. My fix was to right-click on the taskbar icon which showed a Help window up but only a titlebar. I think selected “Full screen” and all is well.

Thanks for the help. I don’t know how I got that Help window minimized, but this fixed it.